Chapter 35 - Edited Once

Great cover made by FSALZAABI .Thanks as always ♡

When we got home, I briefed the boys about my past, from my friend Heavenly to cancer. Saying they were shocked was an understatement. They stared at me like I had just told them we were gonna go shopping with Lilly. Apparently, she's a shopaholic.

"I did not see that coming." Owen was the first to speak.

We were sitting in the living room, me on Jaxon's lap, Noah, Aaron, and Owen on the big couch, you know, the usual. "Yeah, me neither," Noah mumbled, running his hand through his light brown hair. It had gotten longer than the first time I saw him.

"Who would have guessed you had such a dark past? You, bubbly Ariel!" Aaron cleared with a pitiful look. That's why ladies and gentlemen, I don't like telling anybody about my past.

"Guys, it's cool. It was a long time ago. You don't have to feel sorry or anything. Don't change the way you treat me. I like you guys. You are a part of my life now. So, please, let's just forget about this and play something. I'm gonna beat your butts," I explained, then stood up and grabbed the controllers with a smile.

"Good to know, and I can't play. I will see Lilly and write some new songs for this idiot," Aaron exclaimed, then put his hand on Owen's neck.

"Hey, I'm not an idiot, you idiot!" Owen removed Aaron's hand and glared at him. I'm surprised they are not brothers. But they are related, for sure.

"Prepare to lose, boys," I declared after Aaron was out of the house.

"Oh, bring it on, I'm not losing again," Noah snatched the controller with a confident smirk. Jaxon and Owen took them, and we played for three hours. Three good hours of me beating all of them. The queen will always be a queen.

"That's it. I'm not playing this game again with you, not tomorrow, not ever. Good night people!" Noah yelled, all frustrated, and got out of the main door. We stared at each other in a daze at what had just happened. Then the door was open once again to reveal Noah. He looked ashamed. "I don't have a car," Noah mumbled, averting his gaze from us.

We laughed to the point of me rolling on the floor, holding my stomach. It is funny, do not judge.

"Oh... my... God...Noah!" I said between laughs. Owen stood up and grabbed the car keys, his car keys. He owns a black Aston Martin. These kids are wealthy.

"I'll take you home, bye guys. Stay cool," Owen smirked at Jaxon, and they were gone. I looked back at him and realized that I was still on the floor.

"Are you planning on staying down or what?" he asked with a smug look. Curse your handsome face.

"Help," I raised my hand for him to grab, and he did. He pulled me up, and I stood right before him on his toes. I had to raise my head to meet his eyes. "Ugh, I hate that you are way taller than me," I said, a little envious of his height.

He looked back at me with a genuine smile." Trust me, there is an advantage to it," he replied.

I arched my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

He put his hands on my shoulders and leaned closer. "When I hug you, you can listen to my heart which beats only for you," he stated, and I stared at him. Smooth mother-fudger.

"Jaxon," I was speechless. Happiness overwhelmed me.

He cupped my cheeks with his giant palms and leaned forward until our foreheads touched. "I'm so blessed to have you," he whispered.

"Me too. You are my perfect guy. I love you," I whispered back. I did not know why we were whispering.

"I love you," he said, but then I remembered Matthew. Way to ruin the moment, Ariel.

"You know we can't act like this in front of your boss, right? You will put me in the basement when he gets here," I pointed out, and he had this sad look in his eyes.

"I know, but he's not here right now, so..." He leaned even closer, and finally, we were kissing. This kiss was full of love and need. I smiled while kissing him.

"Cuddle?" I asked with puppy eyes.

"How can I say no?" he smiled and went to the stairs. As he climbed the first step, I jumped on his back and clenched my hands around his neck. "Ariel," he sighed, and I giggled.

"What?"

"At least give me a warning," he said and chuckled.

"And where is the fun in that?" I asked with a smirk. He shook his head and continued on his way to my room. He put me on my bed and laid next to me. I warped my hands around his waist, and he pulled me closer to him and hugged me. I snuggled into him and exhaled his fantastic scent. Jaxon put his head into the crock of my neck and kissed the spot between my shoulder and neck. It felt warm and safe to be in his arms like that.

"Why do you think Matthew did that to you? Did you do something to him?" he whispered, not removing his head from my neck.

I sighed. "I don't remember me doing anything to the doctor. He just treated and cured me of my misery. I wanted to know why when we were in his office, but I didn't want to push my luck because we both know I don't have much of it. Otherwise, I would not be kidnapped." I replied, then laughed at myself. I'm funny.

Jaxon looked at me, and his eyes were smiling. "No, you have great luck."

"And why is that?"

"Because you made me fall in love with you. Jaxon McKnight, the anonymous author," he explained with a smirk.

"Ah bo-ho, you and your not-so-humble comments, now come here," I buried my head into his chest and closed my eyes.

"Sleep, Carino. You need to rest, and so do I," he said and put his hand on my head.

"Good night Jaxon," I whispered.

"Good night, Carino."

How much I love it when he says Carino!

••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••

Hello... It's me ♕

How was the chapter? 

Please vote and comment ♛