Chapter 2 Pierce

Hidan was writing some reports in his computer in his personal cabin while they were on their way to their destination. It would take about an hour or two to get there, but it would give Hidan some time to write some over time paper work. He really hated doing paperwork because it doesn’t involve any blood or gore. That’s just a downer of Jashinism. Soon, he heard someone entering his cabin. He stopped writing his report and look to see that it was one of his soldiers.

“Cane? Is there something you need?” asked Hidan as he turned his seat to face his soldier. Cane is a good with technology. He could crack into the most difficult systems in the entire galaxy, if you could believe it. Some would call him insane or a techno geek. But Hidan saw so much potential and good use in him; that’s how he got into the team. He was also relieved to have a break from his work; it was seriously straining his eyes.

After the doors were closed, Cane asked Hidan “You got a moment?”

“Yeah. Now, what the f**k is the problem?”

Cane wasn’t surprised of Hidan’s choice of words, because he was in his team for years now. He sat on the edge of the table while Hidan was staring at him strangely but he was waiting for him to say something. “It’s just that…there’s something strange about that captain Pierce. Someone I don’t think I will trust.”

Hidan arched a brow at him “And why the f**k is that? You’ve met him before or something?”

“No, it’s…his eyes. I can see he’s hiding something. And the others saw that too.” He asked his General “How could you not see it, sir?”

Hidan sighed heavily in defeat then leaned forward to Cane “All right, I confessed that there is something bad in this f**ker, but we have to work together to make this mission successful. We can’t screw this mission up. Even if it means working with that horizon bastard.”

Cane couldn’t help to let out a big laugh. Soon, Hidan joined him. Their small laughter soon ceased and Cane said to him “All right, sir. Thanks for hearing me out.”

Hidan nodded as he folded his fingers together “Anytime, but don’t make it as a habit.”

Cane chuckled as he got off the edge of the table and was walking out of the room but he quickly said to Hidan “I’ll try!” Before the doors were closed. Hidan chuckled to himself as he turned around in his seat to face the computer.

He mumbled under his breath “Ah, good kid.” Then he returned to work, much against to his will.

--

Hidan was just done with his report and he let out a long relief sigh. “Argh, finally done…” then he heard the pilot from the speakers.

“Sir, we’re here. Your men will meet you at the deck.”

After he pronounced that, Hidan got off his chair and looked outside. He could see the large ship that is also a jail for all criminals around the galaxy. Hidan would prefer to stay in Earth where he truly belongs. He doesn’t like to go out in space that much, but Odan forced him to do so. Hidan sighed heavily *Well, time to go to f**king work…* he thought grumpily as he walked to his closet where he kept his armor and weapon.

--

Hidan met his team and the other team at the deck as a small ship was being prepared to take the teams to their destination. Hidan asked his men “All right. Ready to go?”

“Yes sir!”

Pierce appeared beside him. He knew that it was Pierce because of the number on his uniform which was 52D. “You sure you’re ready for this, Hidan?”