Chapter 45 Cousins

“That was a waste of our fucking time,” Hidan angrily said as he slammed the orb on the table. They’ve returned home and Hidan was really, really angry. Thanerah set the alarm and glanced at her husband who was glaring at the orb and was trying to figure out how to open the damn thing.

She walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. He was still but he relaxed under her touch. He breathed in deeply and let out a heavy sigh. He asked her “Now what the fuck are we going to do? How the fuck can we open this damn thing?”

She snuggled against his shoulder blade and answered “Don’t worry, love. We’ll figure something out.”

He let out a small scoff “Tch, and I thought that old man my fucking father mentioned could solve this fucking problem.”

She removed her arms and walked around to grab the orb from him to examine it. She leaned against the table as she randomly pressed the buttons and turned its layers around. Hidan sighed and said to her “You’re wasting your breath, honey. This thing is fucking complica—Whoa!!”

Suddenly some yellow holographic images appeared from the orb like a projector. It was showing many things like ancient cities, over vast landscapes, some monstrous creatures that were unseen in the books she studied.

Hidan grinned widely at her “You fucking cracked it!” he exclaimed and he kissed her on the lips and twirl her around a bit in a small celebration, though he was still angry that they went through a long journey and returned with nothing…but cheeses for Soran.

Then the holographic screens were slowing down and were showing an old ruin that looked more like a tomb. It was in a tropical forest and there were these beautiful light blue flowers with white details coming from the middle. They were also releasing some soft pollen into the air and they were actually glowing. Suddenly the holographic images stopped and returned inside the orb.

Thanerah looked at the orb in her hand strangely and mumbled “What the hell does that mean?”

Hidan seemed to be in deep thought until he asked her “Do you recognize those fucking flowers?”

She thought about it for a moment and then snapped her fingers “Wait…I saw them in a book once. They say that it’s a really rare flower and there’s only one place to find them.”

--

Odan was staring at the couple before him in disbelief “You want to go…where?”

Hidan sighed heavily and said to him “Look, I know you think this is fucking crazy.”

“It IS fucking crazy! That place is nothing but werewolves!”

“But that’s the perfect fucking thing! Have you forgotten that I’m married to a werewolf?”

Odan looked at Thanerah and mumbled “I kept forgetting that…I’m still shocked that you’re the daughter of Lord Jashin. But I’m honored by that, you know?”

She nodded “Yes. I know.”

Hidan shook his head “Enough of that! Now, will you give us the permission to leave? We haven’t got all day, you know!?” It was obvious that he was getting really impatient to know what’s hiding inside that tomb the orb showed.

Odan softly glared at his son “Give me one good reason why I should just let you venture into the werewolf territory? We have a treaty with them.”

“I fucking know that! That’s why I want to bring Thanerah!”

Odan narrowed his eyes at Hidan then looked at Thanerah “Did you have any contact with the werewolf clans?”