Chapter 12 Final Spirit

Shade got his arms crossed while his eyes were closed in deep thought. He said to Thanerah as he was trying to understand the plan “So…you plan to take us to the deepest part of the chamber where the 8th spirit is and it is also a nest of Death Walkers which could lead us to our deaths?”

Thanerah couldn’t explain or try to persuade him any further, so she nodded as she answered “Yeah, that’s about it.”

Shade tapped his finger on his arm with a deep frown on his face, and then he asked his comrades in their foreign tongue “What do you think of all this, guys?

Rhino answered with a small shrug but a grin was forming on his face for the first time since Thanerah met him. “I don’t know, but it sounds fun to me.

Thorn said to him flatly “Everything with violence is always fun to you, Rhino.”

Rhino’s grin immediately disappeared when Thorn spoke “Hey, it’s not like I’m the only one. You risked your life to get here just to find the damn key.”

“Hey, do you want to get out of here as possible?”

“Of course I do! My mate is probably worried sick about me!”

“Well, so is mine!”

The Phantom soldiers were looking around, just to be certain that there were no Ukrahs hiding in the shadows to attack them in surprise. Even if you put your guard slightly down, you’re dead. Can’t relax at all when you’re around a Ukrah, or in a Ukrah territory which the Sacred Chamber is.

Thanerah and Hidan glanced at each other as the wolf companions continued to argue about their mates missing them terribly. Shade sighed heavily as he shook his head in disapproval while rubbing his brow to ease the headache or the urge to smack them behind the head. “How I ended up with these people, I’ll never know…Zevrah, what have I gotten myself into this time?” he grumbled the last part as he pulled his hand away from his face.

He asked the couple “Are you sure that this is the only option we have?”

Hidan joined in the conversation “If you want, we could use you as bait for the Death Walkers to clear the nesting ground. So we can get the fucking 8th spirit without any delay.” He grinned wickedly with a playful glint in his lavender eyes “Actually, that doesn’t sound bad at all. Hell, let’s do that plan instead!”

Shade glared at Hidan and flatly replied to his ‘brilliant’ plan, “No.

Hidan pouted in disappointment “Awe, you’re no fun.”

“It’s not funny.”

“Then you’re fucking dull. You need a counter point, seriously.”

“You better shut that mouth of yours, or else I’ll—!”

Hidan cut him off as he took a daring step towards Shade “Or what? We’re the only chance for you guys to get out of here. You want our fucking help or not?”

“…damn.”

Hidan smirked widely in victory and he took a step back with that victories look. “I didn’t think so…” he mumbled under his breath as he crossed his arms confidently on his chest while still smirking at the defeated Shade.

Thanerah rolled her eyes to the air *Men…why do they have to be so dominant these days? Can’t they act normal for once?* Thanerah tried to imagine Hidan being normal, but it was surprisingly hard to imagine him like that. *No, that doesn’t really work well. Maybe this was the best. After all, Shade is still alive and they’re not tearing each other’s throats…for now.*