Chapter 11 Ghosts

Shade was leading the small group through a stone pebble path with a thick mist floating over the surface. Thankfully, it wasn’t that thick to be hard to see but the deeper they ventured towards the hidden passageway, the thicker the mist gets. Sometimes, Thanerah would have to sniff to know which is who since everybody was slowly turning into shadows to her eyes through the mist.

Hidan – who was next to her the entire time – was checking Thanerah was always by his side. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder just to be certain that she won’t get lost through the thick mist. Thanerah felt grateful for her husband’s protection, it made her feel very special and it always sent her heart sky rocketing with just a simple touch.

Shade suddenly stopped and signaled everyone to hold in their position. Everyone froze but their bodies went tense. Shade didn’t say a single word but he was looking around the area with narrow eyes since the fog was making it hard for him to see a bit.

Hidan asked Shade softly “What the f**k is the matter now?”

Suddenly a noise of cluttering iron was heard and it was close. Everyone went into their fighting position and immediately aimed towards the sound. The air was getting tense and Thanerah didn’t realize that she was holding her breath with her heart racing painfully in her chest.

As expected, a Death Walker appeared but it was immediately shot by one of the armed Phantoms. But there was only one Death Walker. Everyone was thinking the same question: What the hell?

Hidan asked as mumbled in confusion as the rest “Shouldn’t there be more coming…? I don’t f**king like this.” He pulled his weapon out from his back as it expanded to its fullest.

Thunder was growling softly but he was using his senses to detect something coming but he heard nothing. *[I don’t hear anything…I don’t think anymore will be coming any time soon. But we shouldn’t let our guard down. I can sense my cousins nearby.]* he thought to Thanerah.

Thanerah nodded to Thunder and said to the others “Ukrahs are nearby. We should keep moving.”

Shade nodded in agreement “Agreed.”

Nobody put their weapons away but they continued to walk on the path towards the Sacred Chambers while hearing the cries of the Ukrahs from afar.

--

Hidan stopped when he saw an opened cracked that’s wide enough to fit a person inside. He stood beside Shade as he said “This is it.” He turned to glance at Hidan with a warning glance “Whatever you do, ignore as much as you can. Don’t fall into temptation.”

“Do you know what we’re facing exactly? Or do intend to have another brilliant f**king plan to get inside the chamber without getting killed.”

Shade narrowed his eyes at him in annoyance. Thanerah could tell that he wanted to rip Hidan’s head off at any moment now. But he held the urge…for now. Shade growled uncontrollably “I’m just telling you not to put your guard down at all when we’re inside. I didn’t dare to stay in there any longer when I first entered it.”

“Oh? So you brought us here for nothing?” Hidan asked with a small growl of annoyance as he crossed his arms on his chest while glaring at Shade.

Shade took a daring step towards Hidan while glaring at him as well “Watch your tongue, human. Do you want to die before you step out of here?”

Hidan scoffed with a confident smirk “I f**king dare you to try. Many tried and failed…horribly.”

The tension between was getting worse so Thanerah stepped between them while facing Shade “Please, can we continue concentrating on the task at hand? You want to save your friend or not?”