Chapter 42 Cheated!

“How the fucking hell!? You must be cheating!!” Soran shouted in anger at Claw as he was playing a card game with his siblings. They decided to play to pass the time while their mother was still out hunting and their father was polishing his scythe/sword.

It had been two hours since Thanerah left to find dinner. The children were worried but their father kept telling them that she’s fine. But they still couldn’t shake the weighty thought of their mother’s safety.

Claw smirked at Soran and held his hand out “You lost. 50 silvers.”

Soran glared at him and growled “No! You were fucking cheating! There’s no way I’m going to pay a fucking cheater.”

Claw’s smirk widened and chuckled “Just admit it. I beat you in your own fucking game.”

“Argh…” Soran groaned deeply, feeling his pride being squashed. Usually he’s the best gambler in the family, but now it’s his little brother. This was infuriating to him.

“50 silvers,” Claw reminded him with a wide smirk.

Hidan couldn’t help but to chuckle at his sons. Fenora was giggled as well as Soran dug his hands in his pocket money while cursing many things under his breath. And he grouchily handed 50 silvers to the victorious Claw.

Soran whined to his father “Dad! Claw fucking cheated! Aren’t you going to scowl him or something!?”

Hidan stopped polishing to turn his attention to his eldest son, “Why the fuck would I do that?”

Soran stuttered as he tried to make up a good reason. He can lie well to others, but when he comes to his parents he is hopeless as a lost puppy. “I-I…I don’t know…h-he…” he point at Claw and shouted dramatically “He fucking cheated!”

Claw rolled his eyes and growled at Soran “Oh, just shut the fuck up and let’s start a new game. Prepare to lose more of your fucking money, brother.” He smirked as he said the last part. He collected the cards from his siblings and shuffled them to restart the game.

Soran looked more determine now “No. I’ll get your money. I’m done playing nice.” He said with a wicked grin.

Claw froze his hands that were shuffling the cards and he stared at Soran suspiciously, “Wait…you were…” he voice started to rise in rage “…you were holding back!?”

“Hey, who the fuck taught you to play in the first place!?” argued Soran. Then he cracked his knuckles and said determinedly “This time, I’ll play with you seriously.”

Claw glared at Soran “Why you little piece of shit…” he growled dangerously as he summoned some pure energy power in his palm by his rage. That’s his specialty, performing pure energy to attack his enemies. Thanerah had no idea how he achieved it at first until Hidan explained to her that it’s part of the soldier training.

Yes, their children joined the military ranks and learned from the best. Everyone’s expecting Soran to take Hidan’s place after Odan retires and gives his position to Hidan. Everyone wondered when the time will come, but the family preferred to take their time.

Claw...don’t,” Hidan growled to Claw sternly as a warning to keep his cool. Claw really has a bad temper like his father. Unleashing uncontrolled pure energy is dangerous and frightening. Luckily Hidan had been teaching Claw how to keep his temper down.

Hidan can do some summon some pure energy as well but it had been a very long time since he used the technique. He vaguely remembered using it when he was just a Mist. Nowadays he preferred to use full force of his weapon than using energy. Waste of energy.