Chapter 16 Funeral

Thanerah sat next to Hidan as they were on their way back to Jontha. Sitting across her was Dr Raze’s daughter whose name is Fiona. Her husband’s a Jashinist as well but wasn’t aware of her disappearance until now because he was informed that she was having a long dinner with her father. When he heard the news he was furious and demanded to kill the bastards who touched her, but Hidan informed her husband that they’ve escaped. The husband was still angry that someone touched his pregnant wife but was relieved to hear that she was safe.

Fiona stopped crying about an hour ago and stared at her father’s pale face as he was lying on a floating metal bed between the two. She sniffed and used the tissue that she held in her hand since she got on board. Thanerah looked at her pitifully then said to her softly.

“I’m terribly sorry, Fiona.”

Fiona looked at her with her puffy red eyes as she sniffed. She said to her while her voice was strained from crying too much. “It wasn’t your fault.” She turned to glare at Hidan. “It was his.”

Hidan flinched and he glared at her. “What did you say?” he asked as he growled. Thanerah felt his body went entirely tense so she quickly wrapped her arms around his arm to try to calm him down and to prevent him from harming the poor woman.

Fiona’s glare hardened as she explained with a firm voice this time. “If you weren’t so reckless when you appeared...You could have shot him when you had the chance! Why didn’t you kill him when you had the chance?” As she shouted, big new tears streamed down from her eyes to her chin. Then she let out a small scream of agony and buried her face in her hands as her shoulders shake.

Thanerah quickly removed herself from her husband to sit beside the grief daughter and wrapped her arms around her to comfort her. She cooed her to stay calm since it would risk the baby’s health. She told the weeping mother to take in deep breathes to calm herself, Fiona obeyed and took slow and deep breathes as commanded.

Hidan growled deeply and crossed his arms while looking away angrily. He wasn’t angry at Fiona, he was angry at himself. He also asked himself of why he didn’t shot the Natoku when he had the chance? He glanced at the pale dead Dr Raze and his gaze softened. *...I’m sorry, doc.*

--

The ship landed on the harbour in Jontha and when the hatch was opened, the Phantoms brought Dr Raze’s dead body out first. Thanerah walked out of the ship with an arm around Fiona’s shoulders as she was looking at the ground sadly until someone from the distance called out her name. “Fiona!”

Fiona lifted her head to see her husband running up towards her after pushing his helmet and his gun to one of his closest companions. Fiona put a lot of effort to have a smile on her face as she was relieved to see her beloved husband. Her husband carefully hugged her and plant many kisses on her face. Thanerah pulled away before he reached her and smiled at the sweet couple, but she wasn’t entirely happy.

Her smile disappeared when she glanced at Dr Raze and her spirit immediately dropped rock bottom. She noticed her own husband walking out of the ship lastly but he didn’t look happy at all. He looked really sad. She softened her eyes and walked towards him.

He didn’t seem to be aware of her standing in front of him until she wrapped her arms around his neck and rested them on his broad shoulders. Hidan turned his head to look down at his wife with an unreadable expression and he asked her with a flat tone. “Are you going to scold me too?”

Thanerah didn’t say a word but pity was clear in her eyes. She leaned forward and captured his lips with his. He blinked a few times in confusion but kissed her back as he closed his eyes. She softly pulled away from the kiss and looked into his beautiful purple eyes.