Chapter 9 Death Walkers

Syvolah landed on the landing ground swiftly and slowed down to a stop. One by one, they jumped off of Syvolah’s back as Thanerah was walking towards her Guardian to pat her on her shoulder. “Thanks again, Syvolah. I’ll try to keep in touch with you.”

*[You better…]* she replied, although Thanerah was certain that it was between humorous and serious. Once everyone was off her, she turned into dust and returned into crystal in Thanerah’s hand. She safely put the crystal back on her wrist and her black Krystol consumed it, but not entirely; just enough to hold it firmly.

Thanerah looked at her surroundings and felt slightly unwelcomed by the sight of his place. The ground didn’t seem much alive with many grasses or flowers; the trees looked dark and looked identical. You probably might get lost easily in the woods. But strangely, she felt like home. She doesn’t know why, she felt between unwelcomed and welcomed. It was just confusing.

Thanerah suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder that snapped her back into reality “Thanerah?” She quickly turned her head and saw Hidan. “You were dozing off. Something’s wrong?” he asked in concern softly as the soldiers were looking around the area in high alert; just to make sure that there are no Ukrahs nearby or mutated civilization to pounce on them.

Jashinists called the mutated civilization Dead Walkers. They’re not like zombies, not entirely however. They’re dead but not really dead. Okay, they’re not human anymore and are just walking flesh. Get it?

Thanerah replied to her beloved husband with a soft smile “I’m fine, love.”

Hidan arched a suspicious brow at her but didn’t bother to ask her because he knew that she’ll just avoid the subject. Although, it made him even more concerned for her. He turned to look at the dark mountain where the Sacred Chamber is held, landing on it is a high risk because the sound of the engine will attract monsters and Guardians have special auras that also attracted them, so they had limited grounds to land.

Hidan took in a deep breath to try to calm his nerves. He hadn’t been here for a very long time. The last time he was here was intending a grand festival here before the Ukrahs came. The grand festival was celebrating for the 3rd Great War between the Jashinists and the Natoku. That was the last time he saw their kind…until now. He really thought that they were gone for good. But it seems fortunate is not on their side.

Hidan snapped out of his train of thoughts when he heard a soldier’s voice from the side “Sir?” He turned his head to the soldier to give his full attention “where to now?”

Hidan looked back to the dark mountain and simply answered “We’re going to the Sacred Chamber. Where else? And the f**king plan is simple: get there, kill a few f**king Ukrahs and don’t get killed. Simple as that.”

The soldier who spoke chuckled softly “Yes sir.”

--

The group were walking on an old rotten stone path on the dark mountain and the higher they get the colder. Thanerah wondered a few times whether she should phase into a wolf to keep herself warm since the cold was getting into her skin. The others didn’t seem to be affected by the cold but she suspected their armour to keep them warm.

*A little warning would be nice…* she thought as she rubbed her arms to try to keep herself warm. Then she couldn’t take it anymore and phased into her wolf form. The others seemed very surprised because they slightly jumped when she phased, but Hidan.

Hidan quickly informed his men “Don’t be so f**king scared of my wife. But don’t f**king mess with her either. She’s not as sweet as she looks.”

The soldiers were staring at her through their helmets, but Thanerah could tell that they were still surprised that she’s a werewolf. Thanerah glanced at Thunder who was beside her and made a gruff sound to him. Thunder growled softly but continued walking with Thanerah. Hidan walked with them as well but he stopped when he noticed his men haven’t moved an inch since Thanerah turned.