Finale

Life goes on.
Hearts break and mend and break once more.
Time does its work.

Dear Evan Hansen,

Connor takes me into the parking lot of our old high school. I glance at the big building filled with small, meaningful memories and then back at Connor, who is leading me to the parking lot where the buses drive in.

This is going to be a good day, month, and year; and here's why: you know the most amazing people.

He stops at the edge of the lot, the end opposite from the school. "Evan Hansen, the moment you flew on me, I wasn't so sure what to think."

Sure, life has its bumps, but it always will. Not every road is perfectly paved.

"But after I took a moment to accept you; I knew you were special."

You just have to keep driving. And then you find something beautiful.

He bends down on one knee.

It may not appear perfect to other people; but you're you, and you have your own vision of beauty.

"I am more than lucky that you took that jump. Now it's my turn to take the jump. Evan Hansen..."

Dear Evan Hansen, today you can smile.

"Will you do the honor of being my husband?" I nod, and begin to tear up. Connor slips the ring on my finger and gets up to wrap me in a hug as I happily cry into his shoulder. Here we are, two men who met unexpectedly, getting engaged in the place that their crazy story began. Connor kisses me on the lips, our joyful tears joining together.

And all because you jumped.

END.