chapter 4: new Home

Chapter 4, New Home

When we arrived at our new home, Alice parked the car. We all got out of Alice's car, and Bree and Chelsea grabbed our bags and carried them into the house. We walked into the house and looked around for a while before we got settled in.

We all had our own rooms, for which I was glad, since I am a girl and need some privacy. The girls wanted to treat us to lunch. I don't know why. Maybe because they wanted to be nice and since we were new to this country. I carried my bags to my room and put my clothes in the dresser drawers. It's totally smaller than my room in Jacksonville. The room had two dressers, a bed by the window, and two nightstands one on each side. As I was putting away my last pair of jeans Bree came in.

"Yes Bree?" I asked as I stopped putting clothes away.

"It's not like back in the states," she answered as she stepped further into the room.

"Yes, but I will get use to it," as I closed the dresser.

"Yeah, well are you ready to go eat?" she asked as she helped me put my bag under the bed.

"Yeah, I can eat," I said.

"Okay, meet you downstairs," Bree said as she walked out of my room.

While I re-brushed my hair, I thought of all the places I could sight-see over the next two weeks before school starts. After I redid my hair, I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to meet the girls. When I got downstairs they were all waiting for me. Alice had her hand on the doorknob.

Then we all walked to Alice's car and got in and we were off to lunch. She took us for pizza. I didn't know how hungry I was until I smelled the pizza. By the time the waiter came with our pizza I just wanted the whole thing to myself even though they fed us on the plane -- but that was earlier.

The pizza was great. I never had such good pizza, no hard feelings toward Newton's pizzeria in Jacksonville> Anyway, I had two pieces and two glasses of pop which they called  soda in the states . We just sat there for a while and talked.

As I was getting out of my chair there came a very hot looking guy walking in. When he walked to the counter to get takeout, I had to notice his muscular build, his bronze hair and those topaz sexy eyes . When he turned to the side, he also had a sexy crooked grin. I didn't stop staring until Heidi pinched me on the arm. We walked to the counter to pay for the meal and when he walked past me and said hello, he stole my breathe away.

"Hello," he smiled at me.

"Hi," I managed to say.

"I can't help but notice you must be new here," He pushed his hair out of his face.

"Yeah, I just came this morning," I blushed.

"Me too, I came last week," He faced the lady.

"I came here to go to school," As I turned to face the girls.

"Really, so did I," He than turned to look at me.

"My friend Heidi got accepted also," I was still blushing.

"I didn't get your name," He said with another handsome smile.

"Bella, and yours?" I tried not to look at him.

"Edward," He extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Edward," I claimed.

We walked out of the pizza shop and to Alice's car. We got in and then we were off. On the way back to the house we talked. We all agreed to go back to the house. It was okay with me. We talked about if we will see each other in school. I hope I do see Edward again. We gossiped about how hot the guy we saw at the pizza shop was, and how I blushed and made myself look like a fool.

"What was that?" Bree asked

"I don't know, he doesn't know me," I answered.

"Yeah I know so why talk to you?"

"Your guess is better than mine."

I thought I saw him at the airport back in the states .When we arrived back at the house, I went up to my room and get my pj’s on and went downstairs to hang out with the girls. We sat in the living room, talked and watched TV. We watched the last song with Miley Cyrus, eating chocolate mint ice cream. We all talked about what each of us was looking for in a guy, like personality, looks, funny, friendly. And Edward is my type all the way around, no doubt about that. The girls looked at me all funny. But it’s true, I thought Edward was made just for me.

"Bella, you are funny," Bree was about to lick her ice cream cone.

"Why thanks, Bree," I got up and walked over to the window.

I know I was acting funny; she was trying to be nice and funny, but it didn't work. I just kept staring out of the window. Heidi did know something was bothering me. But she wouldn't dare to ask. Not now actually. I turn around to see what was all the snickering going on. But once I turned around the girls stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I looked at them one at a time.

"It was an inside joke," Chelsea looked over at Alice and both of them cracked up.

"Right. Right," I felt like a smile was about to form on my mouth.

"See, Bella, I could see a smile spreading across your face," Bree teased.

"Thanks for telling everyone," I laughed.