Heading Back to Italy !

Chapter 20, Heading Back to Italy

Well, Christmas break came to the end on a happy note, Edward came to meet my family and friends. It turns out my parents do like him, but it's not all -- he asked me to marry him before he left. You don't know how happy I was. I thought I would never be engaged to anyone. Anyway, I did my packing last night before I went out with the girls. So all I had to do was get ready myself since my flight was leaving after today. My parents had to work. My best friend, Paul, offered to take me to the airport. I wasn't too happy about it. after what happened between him and Edward. What I meant by that, we'll it.

I grabbed my bag, then I walked out of my room, toward the stairs. Part of me will miss home, the other part is glad to be leaving. I walked into the kitchen to get a cup of hot tea. I went to sit down at the breakfast bar and waited for Paul to pick me up, he's taking me out for breakfast before I leave since Jane and Becky are working.

About an hour and a half later Paul was here to pick me up. I wrote a note to my parents to tell them I'll call and miss them, then I walked out of the door locking it behind me. I walked to Paul's truck, opened the door and got in, and we were off for breakfast.

"Bella, I just wanted to tell you, that what happen between Edward and me, I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry that I slept with you," Paul claimed.

"it's over Paul, I know I shouldn't have done  it  with  you, but we both were drunk," I retorted.

"I see he asked you to marry him," he looked at my hand.

"Yes, he did, before he left," I was moving my hand into my front pocket.

"Bella, I know we have been friends since pre-k, and I will always love you," he said.

"You know,Paul we were best friends all these years, I don't want to ruin it." I retorted.

"Yeah and now you're engaged to somebody from a different state. If you were still here, I would have tried to be with you," he claimed.

"Paul, I knew it wouldn't work because we were friends first," I replied.

"Well, there's some place I wanted to take you," he whispered.

I felt my stomach getting tied in a knot, when he said that. Why in hell did my parents let him talk them into letting him taking me to the airport?

He was turning the car onto a dirt road, and I thought -- great, he's gonna try something. I can't jump out of his car since I don't know where I am. He took my hand and kissed it . He parked the car. He reached over and laid my seat back. I don't know what got into his mind. That's more like it it

Than he unbelted his seatbelt. He was so close to me, his hand on my my thigh. I wanted to move his hand off. I kept on trying to push him away. The next thing I knew his mouth was touching my mouth.

"Paul, stop! Enough now, I'm engaged," I yelled.

"I know you enjoyed it, Bella," he whispered.

"Just take me to the damn airport now," I demanded.

"Fine," he sat in his seat and started his car.

We arrived at the airport within fifteen minutes before I had to board the plane. I didn't give him a hug, I just said goodbye. Than I walked into the airport. Thank God, the airport isn’t so big that I’ll miss my flight. I walked to the gate and waited to board the plane.

I will be glad to see Edward again, it's been forever since I saw him. Just thinking about him made me smile. Dearly missed him.

About five minutes till ten we were allowed to board the plane; this time I'm going straight through to Italy. I had my iPhone with me, so I can text Edward to let him know I'm on my way back. I opened the flap on my iPhone and scrolled down to his name and pressed the text button and started to text him.

"Hey, hon, I'm on my way back, I can't wait to see you," B

I hung up my iPhone and started to relax, when the plane was starting to shake.  That's when I started to panic and worry. The shaking and the rumbling of the plane got worse as we took off. All I wanted to do is get there in one piece. Regret started to come over me. I started to cry now, knowing I wouldn't be around much longer. I opened my iPhone to call my parents to let them know what's happening. But of course no one answered, so I left a message.

"Hey, Mom and Dad, I just wanted to tell you, that I love you and always will. You're the best parents anyone could ever have, I love you!"

I wish they had answered the phone. I checked one more time to see if he texted me back. But no message back. "Edward probably will be upset when he finds out his future wife was on the plane" More tears filled my eyes.