The Funeral

A/N there's a sequel to this story please check out it. I am working on it as we speak . Don't worry this isn't over yet .
~*F&A * ~

chapter 26: the funeral

It was the morning of Bella's funeral. Everyone was sad and crying, I never thought this would ever happen, but it did. I made the bed gather my clothes and went into the bathroom to get ready for the funeral. Poor Bella, I really miss her. I stepped into the shower to get washed. Than I got dressed. I had a suit on. I don't know if I'm ready to speak at her funeral. My speech. It was strange to be in her parents house without her. They told me since I couldn't afford a hotel they said we can stay here. As I walked out of the bathroom to the room where I slept, when my iPhone rang. I hurried to answered. When I got to answer it. I flip it open to answer it. Sure enough it was Makenna. It was nice to hear from her. We are just friends.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hello, how are you doing," she sounded tired.

"I guess I am okay, not ready to speak at her funeral," I tried to talk low so no one could hear me.

"Why are you whispering," she was getting annoyed by my tone.

"I don't want her parents know that I have a girl as a friend," I turn to see who was standing at the door.

"Edward, you are still there," she sounded worried now.

"Yeah, but I got to go now," I was about to head out of the room.

"Who was that," Bree asked.

"It was Makenna, she was just seeing how I am doing," I closed the door behind me.

We both walked downstairs to meet everyone. There was James, Paul, Ben, Mike, Randall, and carmon, and the girls; Rachel,Rebecca, Jane, And Maggie. I might all of them at the club that night. I brought Bree over and introduce her to all of Bella's friends.

We were headed to the cars, than we were off to the funeral home. I had a lump in my stomach. I just hope I can get through it without crying. I know there won't be a body, instead there would be pictures of her. The pastor will start than he will ask someone would like to say something, that will be me, than Bree, after that we are heading back to her parent for something to eat. Today would be a rough day for everyone.

When we aarivded to the funeral palor, all of her family was there. Jane parked the car, we got out and walked over to the door, where Charlie and Rene standing. I walked over to her to hug them both. That made me cry. I whispered in their ears, I'm so sorry for your lost. Than I made my way inside. I walked up and looked at all the pictures of her. There were three pictures of us. When I saw the one of us holding the leaning tower, I started to cry even harder. There was an other one of us before break started. After I looked at the pictures I went to take a seat, next to Bree and Becky.

"I'm so sorry for your lost," she wiped her eyes.

"Thanks, I can't believe it happen," I gave her a hug.

"I know Edward, I seen her just before she left," becky was wiping her face again.

A few minutes later the pastor came up and started. As he began I could feel my eyes getting watery. I had to excuse myself and walk out side to clear my head. I don't think I could do it now. About three minutes later I walked back in and waited for my turn to say something.

I didn't have to wait much longer to speak. I rose and walked up and started. Here goes nothing.

"Hello, I'm Edward Cullen, Rene asked me if I wanted to say a few words about Bella, so I am, Bella, and I met in Italy, we both got accepted in the same program, umm I adore bel-Bella so much, when I first saw her, I fell in love with her, yes I was afaird of that she would say no, it turn out that she said yes, so from that day on, I was lucky man, we got along well, and when I find out that she was killed in the crash, I was hurt badly, like you all are. I want to say before I end this, is Charlie and Rene, you both raise a good young lady, thank you for letting me speak. Just than I lost it, I had a few things that I wanted to say but I couldn't, I felt tears welling up. I walked off and outside, that's when I really started to cry. I wanted to hear brees speech but I decided to wait outside till she was done.

After Bree was done with her speech, everyone walked out, toward me to tell me that they'll sorry about my lost, it was driving me crazy. We all walked back to the cars and headed back to her parents house for food.

When we got back to their house, I helped them getting everything ready. A few minutes later everyone was over and talking. I walked around getting to meet her family. James and I went out to talk. We talked about Bella and how we met and fell in love with each other. I didn't know James had a crush on her. But she always did tell me that they were friends. As I was talking to James, I seen Paul walking over to us. He put his arm on my shoulder.

"It was a nice speech you give," Paul moved his arm from my shoulder.

"Thanks you," I stepped back.

"If it wasn't for you, she would have been here," Pauls hands into fits.

"No, it was not me, she was going back to school,"I stepped back even more.

I didn't want to start a fight with hum, so I walked back in. To where I find Bree talking to Rene and Maggie.

A/N  : my readers there is a book  2 after  this  one  is  over .