Edward's Leave

Chapter 19, Edward leaves.

Bella

It was the day Edward was leaving to go back to Chicago to be with his family for Christmas. He asked me once again if I wanted to go with him. I told him I couldn't go with him. I really didn't want him to leave. I did make him a promise to let him go back to Chicago to visit his family and friends. I would miss him dearly. I could feel my eyes getting watery.

This morning my routine changed. I packed a clean outfit, and made my bed. I never did that before. But it was six in the morning, I wanted to surprise him and lie with him. My parents wanted to say goodbye to him.

I grabbed my bag, headed to my door, then I went downstairs and to the front door. I wish these few days didn't go by so fast. I walked to my car and headed to his motel room. I knew he’d still be sleeping. I was on my way to his room, I was thinking about these past few day that he was here,I had so much fun and a great time. I knew I would see him when I got back to Italy. It only will be a week or two, till I fly back.

when I finally arrived at the motel I parked my car and I got out. Turning, I walked towards his room with my bag. I knocked on the door and waited for him to open the door. He opened the door a few seconds later. He looked so handsome in those black silk boxers. I wrapped my arms around him, and then I pushed him farther into his room. He pulled away from me to go lock the door. I will really miss him. I could feel my eyes getting watery; I tried to hold back my tears but I couldn't.

I looked around the room, there were his bags ready to go. He smiled. We went to the bed and sat down for a minute or two before we kissed. I wished this moment would not end.

We were making love.

After we were done making love, I went into the shower to get washed while he was packing his bag. When I was done, I stepped out into his room. He was sitting on the bed, waving for me to come and sit down on the chair. So I went and sat down. I knew something big was about to happen -- to change my life. He got up, walked over to me, dropped to one knee, and asked for my hand. I couldn't keep my tears away.

"Miss. Isabella Swan, would you do me the honor of marrying me?" he asked. He had a big smile on his face.

"Mr. Edward Cullen, I would love to marry you." I answered as I was about to cry some more.

He placed a half carat diamond on my ring finger and stood up. He picked me up and we kissed. I had never thought about being engaged to someone. Here I am now engaged to him. We pulled away from each other, and he went into the shower while I was getting dressed. I cried as I was getting ready.

I tried to stop crying before he got out of the shower. I didn't want him to feel bad about leaving me. So I went to the bathroom to wipe my face and put on makeup. I don't even know why I did. When he came out of the shower he walked over to give me a hug. I think he knew that I was crying.

Then he went back to get ready to leave. I put my dirty clothes in my bag. I wanted to go with him now, but my parents wouldn't want me to, so I knew I'd have to wait until after the break. When he was ready we went to sign out. Then we walked to my car. He was a gentleman again, let me in first, then he walked to the other side and he got in.

We stopped for a bite to eat and then we went to my house so my parents could say their goodbyes. When we arrived at the house, my parents were about to get in their car. Both Edward and I got out of the car to walked over to them.

My mom hugged him and said him "I'm glad my daughter met you". he shook his hand and told him, it's nice to meet you have a nice trip. Edward said goodbyes.

We walked to the car and we were off to the airport. He took my hand and kissed it.

"Bella, I love you. I've loved you from the first time I laid eyes on you." He kissed my hand again.

When we arrived at the airport, I parked the car and we walked to the main building. The airport was fairly big. We walked through the metal detector, then bag drop off and to the lobby where he had to board the plane. We sat there, I could be with him until he walked through the gate. I didn't want him to leave.

Three hours later it was time for him to board the plane. We kissed goodbye, and said I love you. Then he boarded the plane. I stayed watching as the plane took off. I fell silent, watching the plane gets smaller and smaller until the sky swallowed it. I felt my eyes get watery.