chapter 7 : Phone Calls

Chapter 7: Phone Calls

Bella

I did nothing but hang out at the house, doing laundry, making some calls back to the States. The first person I called was Paul; he was happy to hear from me. We talked for a while, mostly about what it was like here in Italy, before he had to go out with his buds. Next on my list was Ben, with no answer. He wasn't home, so he was probably with this girl, Rosalie, he had told me about. I was glad he found someone. I wasn't bothering to call James. Becky was my next call. I knew she would be happy to hear from me. I hadn't talked to her since before I moved here to Italy. We talked about boys and classes. We talked for quite a while. I was glad to hear from her. She told me that she had gotten together with James. I was surprised, but at the same time shocked. She was getting ready to meet him, so we hung up the phone.

Last but not least, Jane. When Jane picked up the phone, I was glad to talk to her. I knew she missed me, since Becky was busy with her boyfriend.

"Hey," I said, as a smile spread on my face.

"Hey, 'sup?"Jane asked; she was surprised that I called.

"Oh, I was just calling most of my friends before I start classes tomorrow," I answered.

"That's right! You start tomorrow," she responded.

I heard her rummaging through her purse.

"Yeah, I do," I claimed, as I was getting impatient. I wanted to talk to her, not hear her going through her purse. And I was waiting for her to say something else.

"So, do you like it there?" she asked.

"It's nice here," I answered, as I was walking to the door.

"How did I know you’d like it there," she asked, as she was giggling now.

"It's a lot different here than the States," I retorted.

I don't like it when she giggles.

"Oh! I have something to tell you, Bella!" she declared.

"Oh yeah? Tell me what," I said, walking to the window.

"Well, I met someone a few days ago!" she shouted.

"Really, who? Tell me please," I replied, as I held the phone away from my ear.

"Well, you know Embry McCall?" she shouted.

"Yeah I know of him," I claimed, as I had to talk so she could hear me.

"He asked me out, and I said 'sure why not'," she was still shouting.

I was in shock. I never thought I would see Jane with anyone, but I was so happy for her. I was in la-la land when Jane brought me back to reality.

"Bella, are you still there?" she asked.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I answered, as I was brought back to reality.

"We are also going to the same college," she nagged.

"That's great," I shouted, as I still held the phone away from my ears.

"Well, I have to go now Bella, he's here," she said.

"Okay, later," I replied, as I was walking back to get my purse.

"Bye," she muttered.

We hung up the phone. Then I grabbed my purse and went outside for a walk. As I was walking, I saw Bree and Tyler coming back from their date. All I wanted to do was try to relax and get ready for class tomorrow.