Chapter One: Lost

Baekhyun pulled out the bag of flour from the bottom shelf and placed it on the kitchen counter. Taking out two and a half cup of it in a big bowl, he put the bag back to its place and went for the eggs, butter, and milk in the fridge. After adding the necessary quantity of those, he added baking soda, a few drops of vanilla essence and powdered sugar into the bowl, the last one being the cocoa powder. Grabbing a batter, he started mixing the mixture with all his power and might. After a few minutes, his hands started to feel tired but he didn't stop. Kyungsoo had said that the more you mix the cake, the fluffier it gets.

"And oh the taste! Jongin was all over me after I had baked him that chocolate cake."

So forgetting about the pain and with only Kyungsoo's words running in his mind, Baekhyun continued. He kept battering the mixture for an hour until it looked completely beaten and brown. Satisfied with the texture, the brunette poured it into another bowl and placed it into the oven. After what felt like an eternity the electronic device beeped indicating the cake was all baked and Baekhyun carefully took it out. His heart was beating fast because of excitement and fear. It was his first time baking a cake and Kyungsoo had told him that it was possible to get the bread burnt for a beginner.

"It happened with me and my Mom banned me from the kitchen for a month!"

Or maybe to miss out on some ingredient, like sugar.

"..and when the next time I baked another cake, it wasn't sweet at all. It was all salty. So yucky!"

But Baekhyun didn't have the time to be a beginner and thus he mentally begged all the Gods out there for his cake to be fine. Nervous, he took a fork from the stand. After checking if the mixture was cooked perfectly or not, Baekhyun laid the now dark brown solid onto the board where he had gathered all the items of decorations. Chocolates, cherries, syrups and what not. It was like he had bought the whole mall. But whatever. Baekhyun wanted the cake to be perfect and delicious. Just like Kyungsoo's.

Or much better than that.

With a dreamy smile, Baekhyun spread the melted chocolate on the top and middle of the cake. Cutting the strawberries into fine, small pieces, he placed it at the corners. Next, he grabbed a few wafers and decorated the cake with it carefully. Getting other decorative items, Baekhyun gave his cake the final touch. Another few minutes and he was done. Taking a last look at his masterpiece, Baekhyun smiled and sending the picture to Kyungsoo, he put the cake in the fridge for cooling.

" I hope you taste as good as you look too," Baekhyun said and closed the fridge's door.

The evening came faster than his thought and Baekhyun wasn't even done yet. He had to decorate the living area, the table and himself. He didn't want to look like a homeless peasant wearing a loose tee with stains on it and boxers. So he quickened his pace and started to do the tasks at a robotic speed. He decorated the living space with balloons and ribbons, placed the newly bought silver cutleries on the dining table that he had decorated with candles. The next he decided to decorate the room. Pulling out a new sheet from the wardrobe, Baekhyun changed the older one and lit the scented candles. A few red and white balloons laid on the floor giving the room a perfect look. Mentally patting himself, Baekhyun thought it was time to get ready. So after taking a quick shower, the brunette wore his favorite silken blue shirt and got into black skinny jeans. Styling his hair to the sides and applying the Kohl thickly on his eyes, he was just about to apply the Gucci perfume when the bell rang. Almost dropping the small bottle, Baekhyun nervously walked to the door and opened it after taking a deep breath and putting up a grin on his face.