Chapter Eleven: Nightmares Do Come True

It was a usual Saturday morning at the Park mansion with Mr. Park reading the newspaper attentively and Mrs. Park watching her businessman husband bored. She had wanted to start a conversation with her man but knowing how much he hated to be disturbed while reading the oh-so-important things going all around the globe, she dropped the idea. No, please don't get Mr. Park wrong. He loved his beautiful wife to the moon and back and enjoyed her company so very much but there were times when he needed the silence in his chaotic, busy life and mornings just seemed perfect. And he was glad that Mrs. Park understood it very well. But that doesn't mean it does not disappoint Mrs. Park. Sighing deeply, the lady of the house randomly picked up a magazine and opening it, she too started to scan the pages uninterestingly. Alongside the couple, a few maids were doing the cleaning in the living area while the others were setting up the breakfast table with English breakfast. The day was as normal as every day.

Nothing special.

Everything was mundane. But there was something different, Baekhyun could feel it.

There was something that just seemed oddly different but the smaller male couldn't pin point it. Did they get new curtains? Is that's what's unlike?

"Oh, you're up honey?" Mrs. Park closed the magazine and put it aside.

"Good morning, Auntie. Uncle." The younger chirped. Mr. Park cast a quick look at the boy and nodded slightly in acknowledgment before drowning back into the inked paper.

"Eomonim, Baekkie. Call me Eomonim." The lady corrected. "You're going to address me with that in a few weeks. So better start practicing, ne?" Mrs. Park said making Baekhyun blush madly. He knew about that, after all, he has been eagerly waiting for the moment to come when he will start calling Chanyeol's parents as his in-laws since forever! It has been decided since they started dating back in high school. It was also because of this reason that Chanyeol was sent to America to study and get a degree so that he could take over his father's company after returning. Also, Baekhyun as well was expected to graduate with whatever he wanted to study and find a job. This was the only condition Mr. Park had put forward in order to let this marriage happen once they are of age. And now that it was time for the Park heir to return back to Korea, Baekhyun couldn't help but fantasize about how his coming future was going to be.

"Aww~ you look so cute when you blush. I'm sure once Channie is back, he will fall for you all over again." The thought alone made Baekhyun's heart race and made him feel giddy. He was so excited to start a new life with his boyfriend, to start a new relationship. He had already decided on what he was going to wear and how he was going to style his hairs. He even had decided how Kyungsoo was going to get ready since he was going to be his best man. The only thing that was yet to be done was to ask his favorite Idol Lu Han to come to his and Chanyeol's wedding and perform.

It would be really awesome, no? Baekhyun giggled at his own thoughts.

He really was happy.

And every day he was so grateful to his legal guardians for giving him a better life and also, for giving him a family.

It was time for breakfast and the three settled down at the table. The Park couple were chit chatting about some business-related things while Baekhyun was busy wondering about Chanyeol. He had last seen him when he came home during Christmas and that was three and a half years ago. The taller had not come to Korea after that saying he was either busy with studies or he already had plans with his American friends. Needless to say, it really did disappoint Baekhyun everytime he heard that but those Skype chats that Chanyeol always promised to have at the weekends brightened up his mood. However, promises are made only to be broken. The long night video chats started to become shorter with each passing day and Chanyeol started to feel more distant. The sweet texts that the Yoda used to send every night and morning stopped many months ago, leaving insecurities in Baekhyun's heart. It has been also almost a year since they have last talked and he wondered if Chanyeol had found someone else. But they, Mrs. Park and Kyungsoo would tell him he was thinking way too much because didn't Chanyeol asked to wait for him?