Chapter Nineteen: Remember Me When It Rains

The following morning when Baekhyun woke up, he dreaded to step out of his room. After the last night's scene, he was sure that Chanyeol wouldn't have stayed here for a minute and would've left. Being the prideful man he was, it was what he must've done. The flat was quiet as well indicating no signs of anybody else except him. And for the first time ever, Baekhyun had wished for it to be the case because he was not ready to face him. He could not forget the look on Chanyeol's face when he had said those things to him. He didn't mean to voice out his emotions but somehow on the spur of the moment, he did. Not to forget the bitterness his words held. Did it hurt Chanyeol? Was he too harsh? Did he ruin it further? Thoughts like these kept Baekhyun shifting on his bed all night. Every second, he regretted being so rude to the taller. He was trying to talk to him, maybe to tell him that it was alright. That they were fine. And what did Baekhyun do? He busted the one chance he got with Chanyeol.

Isn't he amazing?

But then Baekhyun realized there was nothing left to talk about. Chanyeol had said it all when he let him go. He made his point clear when he didn't show up on the nights when Baekhyun was suffering alone. When he broke those empty promises and treated him like a benefactor.

And I thought you were being sincere. How foolish.

Stepping out of the shower, Baekhyun was getting ready for work when suddenly the smell of pancakes hit his nostrils. At first, he thought it was coming from his neighbor's kitchen and shrugged it off but when the scent grew stronger, Baekhyun realized he wasn't alone in this house so cold.

Is Kyungsoo here? Frowning, the intern unlocked the door of his room and went to see for himself only to be left rooted on the spot. Standing a few steps away from him was the person he had not hoped to see. And oh the horror he felt when their eyes met. While Baekhyun looked at him in shock and disbelief, Chanyeol grinned widely and flipped the pancake casually.

"Morning Baekkie!" Baekhyun thought his veins will explode. What was he doing here so early in the morning? And why...was he acting like nothing happened last night?

"You are here?" Baekhyun blurted when he couldn't take it.

"I didn't leave," answered Chanyeol.

"Here, you must be starving." Putting a plate of hot pancakes on the island, he gestured the smaller to take a seat and eat. However, Baekhyun was too stunned to even breathe. Was there something wrong with the taller's brain? Why acting so nice suddenly? Why acting like he cared? Was he here to get those divorce papers? Will he make him sign it if he comes to know that Baekhyun hasn't put his name yet? He eyed the man opening the refrigerator and then closing it quickly muttering something with the word 'refill' and 'evening' in it. It forced the brunette to think if he has been deported to some alternate universe because this-could not be real.

"Why are you not eating?" Chanyeol asked when he saw the dish still untouched.

"Aren't you going to be late for work?"

Why do you care? was what the smaller wanted to answer with but he didn't. Instead, he shook his head, slung his bag over the shoulder and then left without a word or a look. Stepping into the elevator, he wondered if this pained Chanyeol in the same way it had did to him.

And if asked honestly, he wished it did.

"Ahh~ I'm tired!" Junhoe, the youngest member of the team sighed as he put his head down on the roundtable. Since the fashion week was nearing, Sulli and Krystal, a representative from 8seconds have been pressing them to complete their designs as soon as possible. The past few days have been exhausting for all the members of the two selected teams. Every one of them was working hard on their respective designs, transforming their ideas into fascinating dresses. There has been no procrastination, no sluggishness or any kind of slacking involved and thus, being the team leader, Baekhyun thought it won't hurt them to lose a little. There wasn't much left to do anyway. So, when the lunch came around a few hours later, the members of the Team Strings found themselves chilling in McDonald's that was a few meters away from their workplace. They all seemed fresh and energized after getting out of the four walls- all covered in charts and fabrics laying around. Baekhyun himself needed to get some fresh. If the images from the morning hadn't already confused him to differentiate between cotton and silk, the texts he received from the taller had him distracted all day from his work and made his mind restless. Why this sudden 'I care' act? Why checking on him if he had lunch or not? Why ask when he will leave? Why not just leave him alone and die peacefully?