Chapter Fourteen: It's Alright, I'm Only Bleeding.

"Baek?"

Baekhyun's hand stopped midway his design, his eyes wide in disbelief.

What is he doing here?

Pulling his sleeves down immediately, Baekhyun tried to act normal. But his body was shaking and his insides were a mess. His heart was yearning to have a glimpse of the one who has called out his name, to watch him approach him instead of just hearing the familiar footsteps from behind but his mind overpowered the heart's desire. He cannot let himself fall after what he had decided on. He will not let him or anyone destroy his newly found willpower. He will find his lost self and confidence. He will become a new Baekhyun.

He will..he will-

"Oh, this looks great. Your designs have improved." Chanyeol leaned over a little to have a better look at the other sketches when Baekhyun suddenly turned to him trying to hide the page, their faces at hairs' length. Blood rushed to his cheeks and his will cracked. The air was filled with the musky cologne of Chanyeol and Baekhyun was trying hard not to breathe in. Their eyes fixed on each other didn't calm his racing heart either. It was hard to resist Chanyeol, much harder to not be hypnotized by his charming features. He was like a magnet, always pulling him towards with a bigger force and keep him attracted. And there was nothing he could do but stay attached.

Baekhyun felt disgusted by his own hypocrisy.

"You..you can't look at them." The intern managed to say. Chanyeol raised one of his brows and backed away from him, his expression confused.

"Why not?"

"Because they're confidential." Baekhyun arranged the scattered sketchbooks and put them safely in his drawer with care.

"Confidential?" Chanyeol followed the smaller out of his room to the kitchen. Baekhyun ignored the question and poured water into his glass. "They're just designs, not some contracts or case files." The taller joked and laughed to himself when Baekhyun's glare shut him up.

"Ok sorry. I was just kidding." Chanyeol said both his hands raised.

"But seriously Baek, why can't I see them? It's not like you're some top designer or something. Even Seo doesn't hide her designs from me." Chanyeol didn't realize what he had said until he saw the crestfallen face of his best friend leading him to mentally smack himself in guilt the very next second. The brunette was insecure about almost everything that he did. It was too easy for anyone to make him feel less. Baekhyun wouldn't say a word, he will never and people would think that he was over it. But only if they could see deep in those eyes, only then they would come to know how much they have broken his heart. Being the closest to him, Chanyeol knew about his nature and thus, he had tried to watch his words always when around him. However, now as he watched Baekhyun cleaning the already shining and arranged kitchen, he bit his lower lip in rue. The damage was done and even if he wanted to take his words back, time wouldn't allow it.

"I-I didn't-" He still tried to apologize but the fashion designer didn't let him.

"I'm..going to sleep. I-I have work tomorrow." Baekhyun mumbled, eyes avoiding the taller but he could still feel those almond-shaped eyes on him. The gaze was intense, he knew it was and it made him feel exposed. There was a sudden tension in the room, the oxygen level dissipating. Baekhyun felt like he was being choked. He was suffocated. He needed to get away.

"Good night." The shorter said and had backed away a few steps when Chanyeol grabbed his wrist.

"Baekhyun, wait. I have some good news for you. I-"

"Aah!" Baekhyun winced in pain and jerked his hand away from Chanyeol's grasp who looked at him with concern.

"What happened Baekkie?" Chanyeol asked.