Chapter Seventeen: Save Me From Myself

"Ouch!" Chanyeol yelped as his finger got cut with the sharp knife. The cutting board had a few drops of red decorating it and before it converts into a stream, Chanyeol quickly put the injured hand under the tap water. He should've simply bought the takeaways for their dinner but no, he decided to be a master chef and create magic with his hands to seek for Seohyun's forgiveness. Chanyeol was ashamed of the way he had acted back in the restaurant. He didn't know what took over him to behave like that in front of everyone. He has not only embarrassed himself but has also hurt Seohyun and was guilty of it. Just like him, Seohyun was a business person too and meeting with clients and partners for dinner or lunch was a part of the corporate world. It does not necessarily mean that if they are dining out with someone other, they are cheating or deceiving their partners. It was all professional and knowing Seohyun, he knew she was the epitome of professionalism. He should not have doubted her but the whole world knew Park Chanyeol was one stupid soul who only knows how to hurt others. A sigh escaped his mouth as he put a band-aid on the injury and proceeded with his cooking.

Two hours later when he was done with setting up the table, Chanyeol decided to take a shower. Humming a tune, he stripped naked and entered the shower space. The temperature had notched down making the weather chilly and perfect for a hot shower. He was tired as well and needed a long, hot shower badly. After an hour almost, Chanyeol stepped out with wet hairs and a towel draped around his waist. As he was searching for his clothes in the drawer, he stopped for a moment as his eyes caught the sight of a red hoodie. It was a Christmas gift from Baekhyun when he was still in the States. He recalled how he had been avoiding all those messages and Skype calls Baekhyun used to make just 'cause he didn't have the courage to pick 'em up. He didn't have the guts in him to tell the shorter male that they were no longer together. Baekhyun would never ask questions, that he was sure about but still he found himself running.

Running away from the person whom he had once loved sincerely.

"Baekhyun-ssi is a perfect lover anyone would be lucky to have."

Suddenly Chanyeol remembered about the article and his heart pained. If the nation had read the news, Baekhyun must have come across it as well and Chanyeol could only imagine how sad the smaller must've been. He knew he could've stopped his father and Mr.Kim from releasing it, they could've done it after Baekhyun would've signed the divorce papers. But like the selfish and coward human he was, he just let everything be. However, he could still talk about it with him, right? Or if not that then just talk about any random thing no matter how stupid it might be because right now, Chanyeol needed to hear Baekhyun's voice desperately. He needed to know that his best friend was alright and not hurting. Hence, putting on the hoodie and a sweatpant quickly, the taller reached for his cell phone on the table and was just about to tap call to Baekhyun when he heard the soft clicking of heels.

Seohyun was back.

When Baekhyun reached home, he was already soaking heavy due to the pouring rain. The chills were biting his bones, his internals freezing from the wet clothes but he let them be. It felt better this way. Not bothering with the lights, he walked further and further into the darkness, bumping into a few things on the way and laughing crazily every time he was hurt. After he had turned the lights on of his small, stenching bathroom, Baekhyun let the drenched sweater go and unbuttoned his wet sleeves before reaching for his medicine. When he took one, his lips curled into a small smile. He was beginning to feel fine again. The hurt face of Junmyeon wasn't bothering him anymore. The pain his heart went through after reading about Chanyeol and Seohyun stopped killing him. He was himself again. But then, he wanted one more to make sure that it doesn't come back and haunt him.