Chapter Five: You Feel Like Home

Loving someone is easy.

When you find your supposed 'the one', you lose your entire world. The heart you've been protecting suddenly slips out of your pocket without you knowing it. Just like a thief who breaks into your house and robs you of everything and you don't even notice it. It all happens too quickly and silently.

Love is magical. Much more magical and complex than a magician's show.

It doesn't tell you the 'hows' but only shows you things that make you realize that you have completely lost yourself. There is no 'you' anymore but only them. You feel them in the air, long for their touch, recall them in a way that it sends electricity to spark your mind, heart, and soul. All their flaws and imperfections are ignored and they become your medicine, laughter, and hope. They give you light when you feel you are being surrounded by the dark. They become the warmth on the coldest days, the shoulder that lets you cry out every grief and you can't help but fall in love over and over again with them.

Loving them becomes as simple as breathing, falling becomes natural as gravity doesn't hold you to the ground.

But falling out of love is hard, much harder than dying.

Those memories that you've built with so much love, they haunt you every night leaving traces of tears for every morning for you to see. It's so cruel that it will do anything to make you feel worthless and unwanted. It hurts, kills slowly, much slower than the poison.

It's like a void. A dark void. A never ending dark void that consumes everything, so you are left with nothing. Empty. And this emptiness always stays there with you. It hides everywhere, this feeling, in the closet, the drawers. There is no running away from it. Even when you smile and pretend, this emptiness still stays like a permanent stain reminding you of how alone you are in this big world. And that's when you become lost.

So lost that you can never be found.

"..hyun? Baekhyun? YAH? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?" Baekhyun almost cracked his neck as he quickly wiped his tears away and looked up at the source of the voice.

"Oh..uhh-I am sorry I didn't hear," Baekhyun said apologetically.

"Of cousre you didn't. What? Were you too busy day dreaming about your handsome husband huh? Did you guys do something interesting yesterday?" Junmyeon, his co-worker teased and Baekhyun could do nothing except smile. There was nothing he could say anyway. Not after what happened yesterday, something that couldn't leave Baekhyun's mind even if he had tried like hell to forget about it. It was bound to happen anyway, no? This love was not meant for them. A forbidden love is what Jongin had once termed it as. Baekhyun may have laughed like a maniac at the moment but deep inside he knew it was true.

Park Chanyeol belonged to Seohyun, not him.

Baekhyun knew it.

He was aware of everything since the start.

Then why did he have to be a fool to fall for him? Why did he ever hoped for a different ending?

Why waste all those shooting stars only for wishing to have Chanyeol when he could've wished for himself instead and maybe, just maybe the stars for once would've listened to his prayers?

"Oh god!" Junmyeon gasped as he looked at the younger with a horrified expression.

"W-what happened ?"

"You-you were really fantasizing about him right?" Junmyeon smirked.

"God, no! Why are you so-" But Baekhyun didn't get to finish whatever he was saying as both the males heard their names being called out.