Chapter Three: Can You Chase My Nightmares Away?

Baekhyun woke up to the monotonous sound of his alarm.

With his half lidded eyes, he peeked at the clock.

It was 6:30 already but Baekhyun was in no mood to wake up this early. At least not today. He didn't have to report early to his work as well. So deciding to sleep in, he was just about to get back to sleep when his phone started to buzz again. It looked like that it hated Baekhyun's decision. Groaning, he threw the duvet over himself and stretched his hands as he settled himself by the bedpost.

"Stupid device," Baekhyun grumbled and switched the device off.

He was just about to get off the bed when his eyes fell on the other side of the king sized bed.

Chanyeol's side was all made up and cold.

Of course it will be.

He was with his true love, enjoying the night in their paradise while Baekhyun just hugged himself to sleep, consoling his broken heart to stay strong and to not hurt itself anymore because everything was going to be okay. It has to be okay.

Maybe today Chanyeol will finally realize that he belonged with Baekhyun and not with her.

Maybe he will run to him will apologize and will say that he loves him, that he is the only one.

Maybe Baekhyun will forgive him and then they will live happily ever after just like in those fairytales.

But Baekhyun also knew that they were nothing except for some empty dreams.

Lies.

Just like their marriage.

He kept on staring at the empty side until his eyelids got wetter and heavier.

"No no no. Don't cry. Why are you crying?" Baekhyun consoled himself but the tears kept on rolling and making themselves home at his pale cheeks. His heart bled like there was no tomorrow and his head throbbed with unbearable pain. It was like he was going to split into half. He wanted the pain to stop, to go away but it just kept coming back.

"NO NO NO! G-GO AWAY PLEASE! URRGGHH!" Baekhyun screamed pulling his hairs out in desperation.

"Why? Why is this so painful? Why Chanyeol? Why is loving you killing me?" Falling harshly back on the bed, Baekhyun cried harder and his screams got louder. He kept on crying and yelling in hopes that the torturous pain will be gone in the next moment but just how wrong he was. Chanyeol's face kept flashing before his eyes, all handsome and laughing besides Seohyun, intensifying his feelings to a whole new level.

He felt like dying.

No.

He felt worse than dying. Much much worse and before everything blacked out for him, he thought he saw the face that he was yearning to see.

"P-please..help me..Ye-Yeol..ah.."

~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*

Baekhyun was crying.

He hated dark and cold places. It has never made him feel comfortable and he was damn sure that his Uncle Siwon knew about it. Then why did he gave him the darkest room?

But who was he to question?

He was just thankful that his uncle and aunt accepted him in the family after his parents' death. He didn't want to go to the orphanage and get adopted by some random family.

What if they would not love him and treat him like some trash?

What if they beat him up until he is dead?