Chapter Sixteen: The World is Not to be Trusted

"Wh..what?"

Baekhyun released his hands from Junmyeon's hold and stared at the male in surprise. Did he hear right? Was he asking him to come with him to China? Why?

"Hyung..what do you mean? C-come with you?"

"Well," Junmyeon shut his eyes for a second and then opened them, looking seriously into Baekhyun's. He could see the hesitancy, the confusion all clear in those kind orbs. The elder was aware of what Baekhyun might be thinking, it was written all over his face but the truth was far more different than it.

" I don't mean it in that way if you're thinking what I think you are," said Junmyeon with a teasing smile making Baekhyun blush in embarrassment and pouted a little at his own stupidity.

"Ah, are you doing this on purpose Baek? Acting so cute suddenly?" Junmyeon joked and pinched the other's cheeks lightly. Baekhyun let out a dying whale's sound further making the elder break into laughter. People were staring at them weirdly but they didn't care and continued with their bickering.

And for the first time in a really long time, Baekhyun smiled like he really meant it.

"So you're getting a divorce?" asked Boran as they sat on their table. They had decided to eat at the newly opened restaurant near the office- a risk they took to avoid the busy roads and crowd but with the rain showering lightly, the duo wondered if they could get a table there. Luckily, the restaurant had one empty space left and they didn't waste another second to think.

"Yeah." Chanyeol smiled at the waiter who had approached them and muttered a 'thanks' when he handed them the ala-carte. Considering the fact that the place was still new, it surprisingly had a rich menu with names of the dishes Chanyeol had never even heard of. He read each section carefully, keeping in mind every detail about the new ones and thinking about bringing Seohyun on their next date here if the food tasted good. The ambiance was simple as well, not too flashy or fussy kind and the staff seemed cooperative. Chanyeol was, with keen interest, studying the Chinese cuisine they offered here when he heard Boran calling for his name.

"Hmm?" He replied, not really paying much attention to his companion, too busy thinking what he can have for lunch.

"I..uh..can I ask why?" Boran asked nervously. Chanyeol may consider him as his friend but at the end of the day he was still his boss (or going to be) and asking such personal questions were not very professional of him. However, he couldn't stop himself from asking out of pure curiosity. He had been meaning to ask this since the article was released about the divorce earlier the day. To him, and to everyone else who worked with them, they seemed to be the perfect couple. So what led Chanyeol's name getting linked with the fashion designer Kim Seohyun?

"Baekhyun-ssi is a nice person. He is beautiful even. He is very kind and polite and honestly, I have never met someone like him in my whole life!" Boran paused only to continue with a dazed smile as he remembered his first meeting with the Park's husband. It was for a brief moment but the way Baekhyun had smiled at him was still engraved in his mind.

"What I mean to say is that Baekhyun-ssi is a perfect lover anyone would be lucky to have. I just don't get it why are you divorcing him. Seohyun-ssi is also beautiful...but Baekhyun-ssi is..ethereal."As Boran stopped speaking, Chanyeol dropped the card and strained his eyes at the other with a sour expression on his face. Yes Baekhyun was everything Boran had said but he already knew that and he didn't need anyone else to remind him. He had also mentioned Seohyun's name but it didn't affect him as much as him mentioning Baekhyun did. How long has Boran known Baekhyun? As long as he can remember, they've just met twice in the company's event whereas Chanyeol practically grew with him. He knew more about the smaller than anyone else in the whole world yet here he was, being told about his own best friend.