Chapter Twenty-Eight: When in Beijing pt. 2

"Why are you here?" Seohyun asked bitterly the moment they were alone in the elevator.

"You're not the part of this fashion show, are you? You're not that talented."

Baekhyun's first instinct was not to reply. She was only trying to pull him down with her snarky comments and he tried his very best to ignore her. But in the end, the anger and jealousy won the battle.

"It is none of your business."

"Maybe it isn't but I am still curious as to how someone like you is staying in a hotel like this," Seohyun smirked. "Are you and that Kim guy really going out?"

"Are you and that Board Member really fucking? Because as far as I remember, you weren't even a part of this event." The woman's face flushed red. Baekhyun knew he had angered her and much to his surprise, it gave him the feeling of satisfaction.

"And let's try to not cross paths, okay?" Seohyun was about to retort when the ding sound was heard indicating that Baekhyun's floor had come. Stepping out with a smirk, he turned to glance at her and waved teasingly wishing her a good night.

The first four days of the show was slow.

The showcases were amazing but didn't quite steal the heart of the media and other big personalities. The last two days were reserved for the big brands and one of them was Sulli's and 8seconds collaboration project named as Strings- the same as the team. This added up the pressure on every member to perform well, especially on Baekhyun. Being a leader, he was expected to make sure that their showcase runs out smoothly. He was always busy checking the robes and the music about almost every three hours. Keeping the models' weight and diet in check was also one of the tasks he did regularly. When asked why he did that, he answered -what if on the day the dresses become tight or lose?

Everyone could see that his stressing as well as panicking level taking new heights day by day. He wouldn't eat properly, wouldn't sleep on time and that got his members worried. It was like he had become obsessed with the success of the show and it only worsened just before two nights of their showcase. So they went to the only person whom they thought could calm the stressing leader. After breakfast when everyone was going to their respective rooms, Junmyeon, who was also staying in the same hotel, asked Baekhyun to follow him to his own room. Once they were there, the elder didn't waste any other second to get straight to the point. Noticing his pale skin and dark circles under Baekhyun's eyes, he was worried about the younger's well being as well.

"What's bothering you so much Baek?"

"Nothing hyung. Why would anything bother me?" Baekhyun replied with a frown.

"Taemin begs to differ though," Junmyeon said and crossed his arms.

"Oh my god. Did he tell you about me not eating and sleeping?" There was no reply. Baekhyun sighed and shook his head.

"There's nothing like that hyung. I am alri-"

"You do know how important position you hold right?"

The younger male nodded and before he could say anything else, he was interrupted.

"And you still are being careless about your health. What will you do when you get sick on the day of the event and everything you've worked so hard for falls apart?"