Chapter Eight: Everybody Lies

Baekhyun couldn't contain his excitement.

It felt like all his hard work has finally paid off. He stared at the email again and let the happiness soak right into his bones. He felt like he had been gifted with a set of wings and now he could fly. He felt somewhat confident now. His team members were happy as well, calling their loved ones and telling them about the news. The others congratulated them and the other team for getting selected and wished them good luck. Baekhyun had already texted Junmyeon and Kyungsoo about this achievement of his to which Kyungsoo replied with a cheery message while Junmyeon's reply was awaited. He also sent a text to Seohyun and got a reply soon saying 'I knew you would' and 'Good luck' making him smile. Now it was only Chanyeol, his husband who needed to know about this and Baekhyun just couldn't wait to get back to their home quickly. He wanted to tell it to his husband this news face to face. He wanted to hug him and tell him just how happy he was. He wanted to hear Chanyeol say how proud he is of him, how he was as worthy as Seohyun. So packing his briefcase and bidding his colleagues' goodbye, Baekhyun hailed a cab. The whole ride, he was smiling, his mind thinking of ways on how to tell Chanyeol about it. His brain was building up scenarios of how Chanyeol will react to this, making Baekhyun feel giddy.

He just couldn't wait any longer.

"Ahjussi..please drive faster! I am in a hurry!" Baekhyun said impatiently. The driver let out a small grunt and Baekhyun was sure he heard him say something but he didn't care. He had much better things to do. When finally after thirty long minutes they arrived in front of his apartment, Baekhyun hastily paid for the ride and sped away for the elevator. It was already six thirty and Chanyeol will be home in half an hour. And Baekhyun hasn't even taken a breath.

Lots to do in time so less.

After about six seconds of eternity when the Ding sound reached his ears, Baekhyun almost jumped out of the compact box making the other passengers eye him warily. But like said earlier, he could care less about anything. Time was ticking fast making him nervous and anxious. His heart was racing at the speed of light and his stomach became the house of the fluttering butterflies. Walking in a speed unknown, he was just about to punch in the passcode when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He decided to ignore it as he knew who the caller was and continued with entering the number.

1-5--0-4.

The familiar soft chime sound fell on his ears indicating the successful unlocking of their home's door and without wasting a second, Baekhyun opened the brown door and went in. Hanging his coat on the stand and putting his shoes away in the shelf, Baekhyun was rushing towards the kitchen, his mind thinking about plans on how to spend the evening with Chanyeol when his phone vibrated again.

Kyungsoo. Groaning a little, he took out his vibrating phone, Baekhyun quickly swiped to answer without sparing a glance to the caller's screen.

"Hello?"

"Baek. Are you home yet?" Chanyeol's deep voice boomed from the other end making the fashion designer almost dropping the phone. He hadn't expected it to be from Chanyeol. Damn, was he the one who called before as well?

"Chanyeol. Y-yes. Are you on your way?" Baekhyun said.

"I'm..almost there."

"You are? I-"

"Hey, hey Baek-listen, don't cook. We're having dinner at my parents' place. Come down in five, hmm?"

"Oh..okay."

"Good. See you soon."

And with that Chanyeol hung up leaving a smiling Baekhyun on the other side. Although he had wanted to celebrate this small success of his with his best friend cum husband, the brunette beamed at the idea of celebrating it with a family dinner. He hasn't met his in-laws in a long time and tonight was just perfect to be with them. He could finally show them that Baekhyun was not a burden anymore and that he can do things on his own as well. Of course, he meant to tell them this in a very good and polite way because nothing of it was possible without them. He wanted to tell the Parks how grateful he is to them for taking him in and providing him with the best always. Especially Mrs. Park who has always been like a mother to him. She never let him feel alone or neglected and treated him nicely. Mr. Park, although he was a little scary and tough, he also looked after Baekhyun's needs and it's only because of him that he got to marry the love of his life. A blush crept on Baekhyun's face as Chanyeol's grinning face popped up in his mind and before he could get lost in daydreaming, his cell phone vibrated again.