Chapter Twenty-Six: Love Is Only a Heartbreak Away

~*~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~*~

People say midnight is a friend.

When your thoughts need a shelter, it provides you one with it's outstretched dark sky. When you feel the ray of hope fading into the depths of the darkness, it protects it with starlight. When you miss the warm touches of your loved ones, the gentle breeze is there to hug you lovingly and lulls you to sleep. And at times you feel lonely and defeated, the midnight moon becomes your true and closest companion. All you have to do is look up and you will receive the midnight's unconditional love and loyalty.

They also say that the beauty of the midnight is unparalleled.

And yes, it is. How can it not be when there's a serenity in it? The kind of tenderness that could cure even the ugliest of the scars?

But people tend to lie a lot often because not all beautiful things are good.The vast sky, the blinding starlight, the caressing air and the understanding moon, they all are facades of a much crueler, darker and harsher reality. The midnight maybe black in color but it brings all your hidden emotions to light. It may be colorless, soul-less but holds the power to show your true colors and soul. Stay with it longer and all your inner demons will be unleashed. The peace you were searching for will be replaced by the suppressed cries and screams. The light you thought will protect you suddenly consumes everything in you leaving nothing but hollowness. It makes you vulnerable, miserable, woeful. It turns you into a demon. The loud voices you hear in your head, you may think they are speaking the truth, that they mean good. It convinces you to believe them and you do. And that leads you to do things you never thought you'd do, to say words you never imagined you'd say. To feel what doesn't even exist in the first place.

Thus, they say that you should not trust it.

Never trust it.

~*~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~*~

Baekhyun didn't know how to react.

The second Chanyeol's words hit his brain, his body shut down. All the colors from his face drained turning it as white as a pale sheet, his wide eyes staring at Chanyeol. His frozen limbs didn't find the energy in them to step back when the taller walked a step closer, stopping mere an inch away from him. Cupping the smaller's face in his hands Chanyeol eyed longingly at his thin, soft kissable lips. They looked tempting, so tempting that he wanted to taste them so bad. He needed to get a taste of Baekhyun.

"I want to love you Baekhyun. I want to...treat you right." Chanyeol breathed out. Baekhyun froze stiff under his touch to the point where he had stopped breathing. He couldn't understand what was happening, his mind was too stunned to register it. Every word that escaped the taller's mouth began to crumble the walls he had built around his frantically beating heart and while watching them tumbling down, all Baekhyun wanted to do was cry. Why does it always has to be this way? Why does it always happens with him? Why? Everytime he is trying to get over Chanyeol, the taller comes back to him saying he can't ever do it. Everytime he decides he will move on, let it all go, break all ties with the one who broke him down to nothing, Chanyeol pulls him back and throws him into the cage of eternal heartbreak. He hurts him more than anyone can do it physically, rips his soul off his body. And as he noticed the red lips inching closer a little too quickly, Baekhyun wondered if his heart is always for Chanyeol to play with it.

"No.." it was only a whisper but still enough to bring Baekhyun back to his senses. No matter how much it hurt him, enduring the truth was still better than being caught in a web of lies.