05

Luckily, before he could see how red my face was, Daehwi burst in the room in the most Daehwi way, "I'm here guysss!!!!! Are we- Hey. Why is sHE here?! Is she fLIrTing around now?!?!?!" I mentally rolled my eyes at him while trying to move away from the uncomfortable position.

"Woojin brought her in," Jinyoung explained as he put me down slowly. I hopped back to the piano seat and sat down quietly as Daehwi sat down on the couch next to Woojin as the both of them exchanged whispers.

"Challenge accepted!" Daehwi shouted as he pointed to me, "Let's battle! Whoever can play the most songs, on the piano, on the top of their heads, will win." 

"For what?" I asked, "I'm not really good so there is no point in challenging me because you will win." Woojin scoffed as he shook his head, "You're way better than Daehwi, trust me." Daehwi gasped at him, "Yah! How could you betray me like that?" But Woojin just laughed at him as he walked over to the piano, "Let's sTArT!!!"

And so for the next 10 minutes we went back and forth trying to see who was going to win, finally, after a lot of time wasted. It was declared a tie! It was a 7 to 7 tie when Jinyoung interrupted us, telling us we don't have all day and it felt like the day was going to finish before we were to decide the winner, they had to practice.

"Sorry if I'm disturbing you guys. I think I should leave you guys to practice. Thanks for the ice cream, Jinyoung-ssi." I stood up, picked up my crutches and was about to leave when Woojin stood in the way, sticking out his hand telling me to stop.

"I'll bring you home," he said coolly before putting my crutches aside and turning around, "Get on." I frowned, "Hey, stop carrying me around. I'm too heavy. Besides, you don't even know where I live."

"(some random address)?" I stood there in shock, "If you still live in that apartment, then yes, I know how to get there." He turned around and urged me to get on as Daehwi groaned about something like "Why did you buy hER ice cream, hyung?"

"How did you remember?" I asked him as I got on and grabbed my crutches and backpack before he started walking out. I hear him chuckle a little as if I had said something stupid, "I remember everything about you, idiot! You were my best friend."

And with that, he sent my heart beating and my stomach spinning, making me crush on him even more. Oh god, I thought to myself as I felt my face turn red for like the tenth time that day, Why does he do this to me?

-------

"You can stop it now," I told him as I lightly pat his shoulder for like the hundredth time but he continued to insist that he wanted to carry me all the way back home with a 20-minute walk, "Woojin-ssi, I can walk you know."

"I can carry you, you know," he mimicked my tone as he stopped and did a little jump to make sure I don't slide down his back, "It's not far, I can still walk you there." But I had enough, doing this would burden me so I decided to push myself off. After a long struggle with Woojin's strength, I finally got down to the ground again.

"I'm making you take too long, you need to go back to practice," I complained as I started walking with my crutches. He laughed lightly, "Whoops, I forgot about that." I mentally rolled my eyes at him, "Do you want to go back to practice? I can walk home by myself."

He shook his head, "No, I've already walked all the way here, why not just finish walking you home? And maybe pick up an extra set of clothes while I'm at it."

"Do you live here?" I asked as he nodded, "So you moved to the same building? Why? You're building was literally right next door." He chuckled lightly before mumbling something like, "You're so cute."

I coughed lightly and pretended not to hear anything just in case I didn't hear it right. For awhile, we walked in silence before suddenly Woojin decided to pop up the question I didn't want to hear, ever.

"Hyerin-ah," he smiled, looking at me with a slight hint of mischief, "Why did you want to be friends with me again?" Immediately, I started thinking of a good answer and ways I can't get caught in my own lies, "Um... I guess I just trust you?" Right away, I regretted those words. This is why I can never make friends.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked curiously as we continued walking. I gulped before continuing, "Well... I think... I mean I don't have a lot of friends and I was kind of desperate because..." I didn't continue as I felt my eyes grow warm, I bit my lip and turned my head to the side, not wanting Woojin to see me like this.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me," he whispered quietly as if to comfort me but something in his voice told me he was disappointed with the answer that I gave him but I couldn't share it with him. I was too scared. Scared of what he would think of me even though he was the only one who I trusted, or at least that's what I thought.

"I'm sorry," I laughed bitterly, "I guess... I don't trust you just yet..." And I felt guilty, he went to me even though I wasn't liked at all to those who met me. Nobody wanted to be my friend and I felt like a bad luck charm. But he said yes to my request even though he didn't need to.

"Could I ask you something?" I mumbled as I turned around to face him again. For a millisecond, I saw the disappointment on his face when I turned around but it was quickly replaced with a small smile so I wouldn't feel bad, "Sure." 

"Why did you say yes to my request?" I smiled and was about to elaborate on my question to make things more clear when he stopped me. He looked at me and smiled like he already had an answer in mind.

"Because you're worth it."