29

Still shocked, I went to school anyways. But there really was no point in going. If I didn't want to talk to anyone, why did I go to school anyways? I should be at home crying my eyes out. As I walked down the hallways, people started whispering things.

"Is that her? His girlfriend?"

"He has a girlfriend? Wow I never knew."

"I've never seen her until now."

"I would see why he would cheat on her."

"Hey, she's practically invisible."

I tried to ignore all the comments as I finally reached my classroom. I walked to the back of the classroom and sat down. Soon after, Jinyoung ran in and immediately saw me at the back, "Hey! I told you not to come to school."

"Jinyoung, help me convince the teacher I need to sit in the back today. Thanks," I pulled out my phone and blocked out everything he said to me. Finally, he gave up and just did what I asked him to do.

The school's homepage had students reposting the link over and over again. And so, curiosity kills the cat, I clicked it. It was at the party where a lot of people were watching. Yoojung tugged hard on Woojin's collar and kisses him.

For a long moment, he doesn't know what to do and when he pushes her away. The crowd encourages Yoojung and so she pulls him away into a hallway and slams the door close. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying as I scrolled down the comments to see all sorts of things.

"Ooo they brought it to the bedroom ㅋㅋㅋ"

"I was there and I heard some slapping noises in there omo"

"Wow this is drama"

Suddenly, my phone was snatched out my hand and I looked up to see Jinyoung. He simply deletes the page and gives it back, "I told you to stay at home." I don't say anything and so he just leaves.

Classes went by slowly and when lunch came, Woojin tried to approach me to talk, "Hyerin I just need a minute to talk. Please just listen to me?" I shook my head as I sighed, "I just need some time to think."

"Think after I tell you everything first," Woojin pressed as he grabbed my wrist to make me face him but I just push his hand away. The others walked over to where I was standing in line and took turns to say their part.

"Hey believe in Woojin you dimwit," Daehwi growled as he pointed his finger at me, "You were head over heels for him just a few days ago!" Somi crossed her arms as she kicked his shin, "Leave her alone! Do you think calling her stupid works? Is that your way of convincing someone?"

"Stop being so loud, you guys," Jinyoung barked at the two and then turned to me, "But seriously, just listen to Woojin first! You should know all parts of the argument before you judge!"

Sejeong walked over as she clicked her tongue, "Stop disturbing her! Just give her a day to think before you snap at her!" I threw my head back and sighed as they started arguing with each other.

"Will you guys stop it?!" I yelled at them, making everyone in the room, and I mean everyone, turn to face me, "You guys trust Woojin that he wouldn't do something like that but you don't trust me at all! Do you guys have no faith in me? Do you guys really think I would choose the wrong choice?"

Before they could say anything else, I stormed out to the front of the school. I stood there until it was time for class again. Once again, I couldn't concentrate on anything that the teacher was talking about.

When class was over, I packed my bag up just as my phone dinged for the 50th time today. So I pulled it out and looked at the message "Should I walk you home?"

I sighed as I shoved my phone into my pockets before getting ready to head home. I walked out to see Woojin there but I ignore him and start walking home. But I knew he was following me so I pulled out my headphones and played some loud music.

After walking for what seemed like hours, I reached the parking lot of the apartment building. As I crossed to the other side, I suddenly feel a strong tug on my backpack which throws me backward and almost to the ground.

My headphones fall to the ground but my body stays away from it. I looked up to see Woojin just in time to stop the fall. I stood up right away and picked up my headphones, "What are you doing pulling on my backpack?"

"I was shouting and you weren't listening!" he yelled angrily. Taken aback, I almost lose footing but I balance myself in time, "Why should I listen to you?"

"You could've gotten hit by that motorcycle!" He shouted but I just rolled my eyes, "Do you think I'm stupid? I saw him and knew when to walk out! He wouldn't have hit me!" Stunned, Woojin just stands there and for a moment, he looked in pain.

I turned away and continued crossing the street. Soon enough, I was running away from him. I got onto the elevator and closed the door before I could see any more of his face. I sat down on the elevator floor and buried my face in my hands.

But unfortunately, the elevator ride doesn't give me enough time to collect myself and so I stand again to get out of it. I entered my house quietly and that scares my mom but, for the first time, I don't really care.

I walked into my room and just lied down on my bed in my dirty school uniform. And soon after, Woojin was at my door, ringing the bell again just like how he did on the day this had all started.

"Hyerin, Woojin wants to see you," my mom said quietly as she entered the room. I just pretend to be asleep and the hint works for she leaves the room and Woojin never comes in. I sighed but when I thought I could finally have some time to myself, my phone dinged again.

my life line❤

my life line❤
i know you aren't asleep
please just let me have a minute
please listen to what i have to say

my life line❤
yoojung kissed me first
i know it looks like i wasn't doing anything
but i pushed her away
and what people are saying is false
i would never do that
and you know it

my life line❤
i know it's hard but please
think about me
i just want you to acknowledge my stance

hyerin💖
youve hurt me so much
and you know that too
why should i trust you?

my life line❤
nobody forced you to
you don't have to

hyerin💖
fine
if thats what u want

-------

I breathed out in horror as I dropped my phone on the edge of the bed and buried my head in my hands as the phone slid down and made contact with the floor.

Tears suddenly started streaming down and pain struck my chest as I struggled to get a decent breath of air. I covered my mouth as the warmness of my eyes doesn't stop. I thread my free hand through my hair. I hated myself so much.

I regretted it right away. But I can't take it back even if I wished hard for the time to turn back.