15

I yawned as I a my mouth as we waited for the other groups to finish performing so we could finally get the results. I glanced at Woojin but found him looking right at me, I looked away and turned my attention to the announcer.

I hated the fact that I could hear the conversations happening around me although I didn't want to. Always, when I try to listen to someone, I can't hear them but if I hear other conversations that I don't want to hear, I end up hearing them.

"Hey, Woojin," Jinyoung shouted at Woojin through the loud screams, "Why don't you make up with Hyerin?" Woojin doesn't reply or at least, I can't hear anymore through the screams as they are about to announce 5th place.

5th place. Not them. 4th place. Not them. 3rd place. Not them. Just when I was about to register in the fact that there are only two top places left, the announcer lifts his hand towards the stairs of the stage, "2nd place! Imagine! Congratulations!"

For a moment, I couldn't process what he had just said, "Oh my god!" And then I started cheering as the boys walked up to the stage. I watched as they said their thanks and received their medals. I couldn't remember who the announcer said was 1st but it really didn't matter.

I checked my wallet to find at least 50,000 won, and no I'm not rich, I just never go out with people so all my money is just gathered in there. The show finishes up and the boys come down with smiles on their faces. As us girls cheered and jumped around, Daehwi joined us for a minute before tackling us with hugs.

"Hey," he smiled as he grabbed Somi's wrist, surprising her with his sudden action, "Let's go party!!! How does barbeque sound?!" I smiled as we all shouted, "Sounds good!" So we all left the school building and got onto the bus to go to a restaurant Daehwi knew of.

Turns out his aunt ran that restaurant and she let us skip all the way to the front of the line for our reservation. We all sat down and ordered a lot more than expected, it was probably a 100,000 won meal.

"Hey," I smiled at Jinyoung who was sitting next to me at the end of the table, "Congratulations! You guys deserved it!" He pinched my cheeks and pursed his lips, "Thanks to you! You were lots of help!"

"Of course I was," I giggled but a soft breeze made me start shivering, "Oh god."  Now I regretted wearing shorts in the middle of the night. Jinyoung ruffled my hair, messing it up, "Idiot." He took off his sweater and passed it to me to drape it over my legs. I blushed at his kind actions as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Hey you know, you should make up with Woojin."

I pouted at the subject he brought up, I turned around to catch Woojin staring at me before he turned around and acted like he wasn't looking, "Well, I'll wait. A guy should apologize first." I said simply, "Plus I did it to protect you, why are you taking his side now?"

"I'm not," Jinyoung shrugged, "He keeps saying I'm taking YOUR side now. Wow, sometimes you guys are annoying." I glared at him as I sip my tea, "You better take that back fam." He flicked my forehead with his finger and chuckled, "You're too cute to not tease."

Soon food came and we ate for awhile. But time was ticking fast and it was time for most of us to go home. Sejeong left as soon as she finished eating to go to her tutoring session and I didn't feel so great and knew that going home would be a better decision, so I left 20,000 on the table and left.

My legs were exposed to the cold wind as I walked out of the restaurant but then heard a pair of feet trailing behind me. I start to get nervous when the sound continues so I pull out my phone and call Jinyoung but he doesn't pick up so I send him a text.

I hear the footsteps come closer and so I pressed one on my phone pad right away and called the only person on my speed dial, Woojin. Before I could even put my phone against my ear, a strong pair of arms spun me around before pushing me up against a nearby wall, making me drop my phone.

I didn't even notice he had walked up so close and so fast. The darkness hid his face but I could smell his age right off of him, "Oh wow," he gasped as he pinned my arms down as I try to struggle.

"Let m-" before I could say anything else, he covered my mouth. I continue to struggle as he moved closer. He smelled like smoke and alcohol, it was obvious he had just drank. I tried to kick him but he managed to push down my legs with his knee. Biting his hand wouldn't work either, he was just simply too strong.

At this point, I was panicking like crazy, what's worse, he pulled out a knife from his pocket, "Youuu, don't move! If you screammm, I will HURT you!" he slurred as he let go of my mouth. He leaned in and was about to kiss me when I swung my hand right at him.

"Wow," he chuckled as his hands gripped my waist, pinching me as the cold of the knife slide across my skin, "A rebel, I fucking like that. Such a bitch right?" I trembled as I felt almost all my energy slide away. The hand with the knife went up my shirt and the other pulled at the edge of my shorts.

I couldn't move anymore, I was too scared to do anything. Suddenly I hear a loud shout somewhere but I can't make out what the person is saying. All the support my body just had disappeared and I land on the ground hard. I shook my head as I tried to get myself to wake up to reality.

The man had run away from the sound, leaving me on the cold ground. Shaking intensified as I start crying with my head down towards the ground. A pair of familiar black track shoes approached me and I immediately feel relieved.

Woojin wrapped his arms around me as I continued to cry, unable to tell him how scared I was. He just sat there with me for awhile, waiting for me to calm down but I don't. I could still hear him panting through all my loud sobbing.

"Idiot," he scolded, "What were you thinking wearing this out? Are you okay?" Obviously, I wasn't, but I couldn't say anything. He knew that I wouldn't be able to say much so he put my on his back quickly, making my head spin and stars appearing everywhere.

I don't remember how he brought me home but I heard him ask something like, "Hey, Hyerin. Did you stop crying? Can you talk now?" I wanted to respond that I had stopped crying and that I could talk now but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Hey, are you there?" Woojin asked as he turned around, probably to look at me weirdly but my vision was too blurred to see much, "Shit, you're burning up." And before I could hear what he had to say next, I blacked out.