14

For the week before the finals, the boys decided I should take a break because I've been helping them a lot. I tried to tell them that it was a critical time and I should be helping as much as I can but they wanted to show all of them and who they really are without any help.

Lunches are with the girls but since Sejeong is super quiet, there is really only three of us. Yoojung doesn't talk a whole lot either and most of the time Somi is leading the conversation. It's a lot quieter without the boys but even though it's not as fun, it's also relaxing too.

DaeWooSoYuJinHyeSe Group Chat

hwiparam
heyhey
we should party on friday

somsom
what u mean?

hyerin💖
yeah
i thought you guys r busy
with the competition

baejin🐣
i think he means a celebration

my life line
what is there to celebrate
i mean we haven't even won yet

hwiparam
thats not what meant
sit down and lISTeN!
if we win a rankin
1st-5th
we will party!

hwiparamthats not what meantsit down and lISTeN!if we win a rankin1st-5thwe will party!

yoodaengi
ooo
sure!
as long as i dont pay

baejin🐣
hey!!!
if we win that range
girls pay

shinny egg
whut
i dont have the time man

hyerin💖
then make time!

hwiparam
yeah!
youre one of us now!

baejin🐣

baejin🐣
hey

hyerin💖
hey
whats up

baejin🐣
you want to hang out
i still have time before practice

hyerin💖
sure
afterschool
meet me at front gate

-------

"Hey look at that," Jinyoung smiled as he pointed at a stand across the street that had some old books, "Do you want to check it out?" I nodded and we entered the street market. I laughed as I pulled out one of the books from the shelves.

"Oh those," he chuckled as he grabbed the game cheats book from my hand, "We used to share one at school when we were little." I nodded, recalling the memory of us getting in trouble for whispering to each other about games, "I remember we would always be talking about that game."

I pointed out another book as Jinyoung burst out laughing, "Oh my god, almost every kid in our grade read that book." I smiled as I flipped through the books displayed and then another set of books caught my attention.

I walked over and pulled out a box of the Harry Potter series, "Wow! I remember reading these when I was little." I decide to buy it but as always, Jinyoung ended up paying for it. The lady at the counter smiled at us, "Are you two a couple?"

"Ah, no," I shook my head, smiling back at her, "We're just friends." She gave us a look of disappointment, "Well you never know! A boy and a girl can't just be friends." And I knew that myself but never really thought of it that way with Jinyoung.

-------

After the street market and some claw machines, we went to a nearby cafe to get a drink before heading back. I put my stuff toy in the seat next to mine as Jinyoung does the same. I laughed as it reminded me of a drama I had watched before, "Stay here, I'll buy this time. Don't burden me any longer!"

And so I ordered our drinks but when I came back there was a female student, about our age, talking to Jinyoung, "Hey, you look like someone I can hook up with. Could I have your number?"

Flustered, Jinyoung laughed nervously, "Oh, I have a girlfriend. Sorry." The girl smirked while twirling her hair with her finger, "Oh really, who is she?" I mentally rolled my eyes and walked over with the drinks.

"Jagiya," I smiled as I walked up to him and put the drinks down, "Here's your drink." I turned around and l looked at her as if I didn't notice her before, "Oh, who are you?" The girl looked at both of us for a moment before walking away quietly.

"Thanks," he laughed as he sipped his drink, "Great acting." I smiled as I hugged my stuffed toy, "I know right, should I become an actress?" Just then, his phone lit up and the screen showed that Woojin was calling.

"Yah!" Woojin shouted from the other end of the call, loud enough for me to hear, "Idiot! You're late! I've been calling you for the past 30 minutes and now you pick up?!" I gasped as I looked at the time on my phone, "We better hurry back!"

Jinyoung hung up on Woojin, then we took our drinks and stuffed toys before dashing out of the cafe. Problem with me, my ankle was still super sore so I jogged after him. But when I got to the practice room, chaos had already beat me there.

"You idiot!" Woojin shouted pointing at Jinyoung while Daehwi was just standing behind him nodding, "It's the last few days of practice and you go out and have fun? We should be practicing right now! You said just today a small break but you spent so much time outside of the school grounds."

Woojin was obviously frustrated but it was Jinyoung's fault either, I was the one that took forever, not knowing when he was supposed to go back, "Woojin, it's my fault, don't blame it on Jinyoung." I mumbled quietly, afraid that he would get mad at me. He glared at the stuffed toys we were holding onto.

"Shut up," he grumbled as everyone in the room flinched at his sudden harsh response, "Jinyoung should deserve the scolding." I frowned, this time not afraid to speak my mind, "No, I was the one who wanted him to bring me to the claw machines and cafe!"

"Then do you want me to yell at you too?!" he growled but I stood still in my stance, trying not to look intimidated, "Well then, sure! I deserve it too! Yell at me like how you yell at all your other friends!" He doesn't say anything except sigh in frustration.

"What is it?" I laughed bitterly, hating his response, "You can't do it? Are you going to be like this? You look so comfortable shouting at your friends, knowing that your friendship won't end. But why are you being like this to me? Is it because you aren't comfortable with me? Are you afraid that you will hurt my feelings?"

"Shut up already," he muttered under his breath. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, shout at me. Afraid to? Do you think I'm weak? Is that what you think of me? Afraid I'm super butthurt?" He doesn't say anything and the others kept quiet too, "Well it looks like I am."

I turned around and stormed out of the room without looking back. Just before the door slammed shut I heard Jinyoung say, "Well it looks like we now know what happened between the two of them last time."