16

I blinked my eyes open to see a familiar room. I turned to the side to see Woojin sleeping on my desk chair. Even in his sleep, somehow, he shined. I watched him sleep for a minute, using my time to stop and admire him for a while. I removed the towel from my head and tip toed out of the room so I wouldn't wake him up on accident.

I knew right away, just by the sounds coming from the living room, that my father was out for work and my mother was probably at the supermarket. I walked into the living room and hushed everyone as they turn around and stare at me for a moment, "Shhh, Woojin is sleeping."

They all stop playing their video games and put down their phone, walking over and leaving Sungkyung alone to continue playing the game. Jinyoung wrapped his arms around me, whispering loudly, "Are you okay?"

They all ask the same thing, making the room sound like there were a ton of snakes around the apartment. I giggled quietly, "I'm okay." But Jinyoung pouted and pointed at my lips, "Your lips are pale. You look pale. Not okay."

I shook my head, "It's okay, I just woke up to go to the restroom." Somi stuck up her hand and nipped over, hooking her arm in mines, "I'll stand outside just in case, okay?" I finished up using the restroom quickly but then called Somi in, "Hey, is my lips really pale?"

"Yeah," she whispered, "I think you're just tired probably." I shrugged and walked out of the restroom to bump right into Woojn, causing me to stumble backward, almost falling to the floor. Without a word, he wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, bringing me back to the room.

"Stay here," he demanded as he put me down on my bed. I looked around and then suddenly notice something odd about my desk, notebooks were scattered around my desk but they were all closed as if someone had rushed around my desk looking for something.

Woojin walked back in with a tray of food, "Here, your mom made you lunch before she went out to the supermarket. She needs to get you medicine too since the one she forced you to eat last night was basically expired." I smiled as I ate my food but Woojin just sat there and watched me eat.

"Hey," I frowned, "Stop looking so worried. I'm okay. And don't look at me while I'm eating, it's embarrassing." He laughed lightly as he grabbed a random notebook from my desk and opened it up, "You used to not care."

"Well, I've changed Woojin," I sighed and continued eating my food. I finished quickly and watched as Woojin flipped through the notebook. I stared at him as he furrowed his eyebrows, thinking about something as he read the notebook, "Which one are you reading?"

"I'm not sure myself," he pouted, turning his attention away from the notebook, "All your notebooks look the same." I rolled my eyes, "Color coded! Stories are the blue cover, ideas in purple and other stuff in other colors, there." He closed the notebook he was holding and put it aside, scooting his chair over.

"So," he whispered, "What happens to Julia and David now? Did they get caught?" I snorted as he stared at me weirdly. Laughing, I slapped my leg over the blanket while covering my mouth with my other hand, "Do you actually like that story?"

"Yeah," he grumbled as he folded his hands, "It's really good, I think you're a total genius." I continued to laugh for awhile before realizing I was the only one laughing, "Hey, I stopped that book because it sucked. You should read some of my older ones, grammar is bad but story is amazing."

"What are you talking about?" he blurted, "I've already read all of them! I Spy You is the best so far." My jaw dropped as I scanned my desk one more time, only now noticing that the stacked notebooks in the corner weren't color coordinated, "Oh my god, did you actually read all of them? How?"

He laughed lightly, rubbing his nape while looking around the room, "Well, let's just say, I was afraid you would suddenly panic during the night so I stayed here... over night..." I squinted my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows, crossing my arms, "Idiot, you should've gone home to sleep. I have my sister, mom and dad you know."

"Maybe," he whispered, still avoiding my face, looking around the room, "I'll bring your tray out now since you're done." And so he did, leaving me alone in my room, thinking about what he did. He was worried for me. Something I had never expected and now that I knew he was worried, I was super happy.

"Hey," he mumbled as he walked back and sat down on the edge of my bed, "I'm sorry about the other day I yelled at you. I should've calmed down and maybe said something to stop you from walking out that door. I could've gone after you but I didn't."

"Woojin, have you been reading my other books too?" I asked as his face blushed red, "Even the ideas on what girls like when dating and all that other shit that I wrote? Wow. You're crazy." He glared at me for a moment as I giggled lightly, "Well, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said that. I knew you didn't want to get mad at me because you cared. I'm sorry I tested your patience a-and um..."

The event that had happened last night played again in my head as I felt my body starting to tremble, "And t-thanks for l-last night." Immediately, he pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back, "Don't worry about it, Hyerin. I'm glad you're safe, next time, don't go out alone."

We stay quiet in that hug for awhile until he continued, "Be careful next time. If you ever need help, call me. I would do anything to protect my best friend. Trust me." It's a surprise that I don't end up sobbing about the night before and instead, I actually calmed down quickly.

He pulled away slowly and our faces appeared really close. Looking at him like this made my heart race. I was about to explode from the fact that we were so close. I felt my face burning up quickly and before I can hide it, he frowned and pushed me down into lying down position, "You're burning up again, lady. I'll get another towel for you and then you can eat medicine when your mom is back with a new one.

So he brings another towel and places it on my forehead carefully, he pinched my cheek lightly, "I'll go out now, get some real rest." But as he turned around, I pulled at the hem of his shirt, "Woojin." He turned around and gave me a small smile, "What is it?"

"Stay."