17

I hated the fact that I still had to go to school with the fever that I had. But there was no way I was going to miss my math test today so I had to go. As soon as I walked into the school, oddly, I noticed more people started looking my way as I walked to my class, feeling a bit pressure from the sudden attention.

I walked into the class to find a few post its stuck on my desk and I knew it was from all different people. Some left their phone numbers, others asked me out, some left anonymous notes. I felt a tap on the shoulder to see a familiar classmate, he smiled bashfully, "Hey, Hyerin. I was wondering... if you have time after school?"

I knew where he was going with it, "Oh, I'm really sorry but no, I don't have time." He just laughed lightly before excusing himself. Some more boys come up to me before the start of class but I had to reject all of them. Others came up to me to ask for dance help but I had to reject them too, telling them that I'm not good at dancing at all and I only judged as an audience.

The first part of the day went by with an uncomfortable atmosphere, I could almost feel all the eyes on me. Lunch was almost the same too, people came up to me, both boys and girls, to request for a date or a dance lecture. I sighed as I leaned on Sejeong's shoulder, pushing her into Jinyoung who was waiting in line with us, "I really don't like this."

"Why?" Jinyoung asked but I glared at him and he apologized right away, "We didn't mean for this to happen when we called you out like this. I'm sorry." I grinned at his cute pout, "It's okay, I know you don't mean it that way."

We didn't grab a tray but instead grabbed the quick sandwich with a yogurt drink and walked out of the cafeteria together. Sejeong beamed as she pointed at a familiar pair of figures at the far end of the hallway, "Hey, hey. It's Somi and Daehwi, I wonder what they'll be doing by themselves."

"Right?" I agreed with Sejeong as the three of us walked to the school library and sat down at an empty table to study. Sejeong went to the restroom, leaving us alone to study. Suddenly we heard some giggling across the room. Jinyoung stood up and I followed after him, peeking out from behind the bookshelf.

We watched as Woojin and Yoojung looked for books, giggling together. She was standing in front of him, the back of her head against his chest as she reached for some books. I frowned and tugged at the hem of Jinyoung's shirt, signaling that we should get back to studying and so we sat back down.

"Woojin must really like Yoojung," Jinyoung whispered as he flipped through his notes. I frowned at his comment, "How do you know?" He gasped and covered his mouth, "Oh shit. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about that. Nevermind what I said." But I couldn't just forget it since I knew Woojin used to like Yoojung as a kid.

Now that I thought about it again, the first time I had met Daehwi, Woojin mentioned Yoojung, he was also talking to Yoojung before I got to the practice room the other day and maybe said all that because he wanted to look cool in front of Yoojung.

I no longer crushed on him like I did for a really long time but instead, something else was happening, I was falling in love with him.

-------

I yawned as I walked out of the school to see a large crowd around the Great Tree. I shoveled through the crowd to the front to see Somi and Jinyoung pushing Yoojung up the tree so she could grab her backpack.

I walked over to Daehwi who was standing on the side, "How did her backpack get up there?" Daehwi rolled his eyes, "I threw it up there." I glared at him and slapped him lightly on the shoulder as he exaggerated the pain, "That's not nice."

"It didn't mean to," he pouted as he pointed at Somi, "She said we should just climb the tree to get it. I told her we should ask someone to help us out or something." I just shook my head at him as he copied my expression and imitated me.

I sighed and looked back at the tree as we all shouted, "Be careful!" She managed to grab onto her backpack but couldn't seem to come down. In a flash, she ended up on the ground as everyone rushed towards her.

"Yoojung!" I shouted as I shook her lightly, she wasn't responding and it was obvious something went wrong with her right leg, it looked broken. I was about to call 119 when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Woojin holding his phone to his ear, already calling. One step ahead of me and that made my insides twist uncomfortably.

I picked up her backpack for her as the ambulance came to pick her up. Woojin decided to go with her and so the two of them left in the ambulance. I bit my lip, I couldn't help but feel a bit worried for her. Daehwi started pacing around, "Ugh, I told you guys! We should've tried something else!"

"Shut up," Jinyoung grumbled as he pinched his nose bridge, "You were the one who got it stuck up there." Somi frowned as she placed her hands on her hips, "Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, right now we just have to make sure she's okay."

I sighed as I dusted the grass off of her backpack, "I hope Yoojung will be okay." but the other half of me knew I wasn't sincere about it.