24

I yawned as I grabbed my backpack and strode out of the last class of the day. No one to walk me home again but I couldn't do much about the boys two-day suspension for doing that in the hallway.

I pulled out my phone and turned it on to see that I received 19 texts from my mom, asking for more details because just before I left the house, I told her I was dating Woojin and then dashed out to catch the first bus.

I felt my phone rumble and then picked up the call from Woojin, "Hello?" He laughed lightly on the other side, making me confused, "Hey, are you getting home now?"

"Um, no," I joked sarcastically, "Jagiya~ You're supposed to pick me up." There is a long pause on the other side before he replied quietly, "Say that again." I giggled at his dorkiness, "No, I don't want to."

"Do it," he whined as I continued laughing; I mentally rolled my eyes and told him, "Don't be thirsty." He laughed sarcastically on the other side of the phone, "I'm. Not."

"Whatever," I exaggerated a scoff, "Where are you right now?" Immediately, I received an answer, "House." I frowned at his weird answer as he continued, "Are you back yet?"

"Almost," I sighed as the apartment building came into view, "Should I run?"

"Yes, please do so," he said seriously, "I miss you already." I laughed as I started walking faster, "I just saw you this morning! How can you miss me already?"

"Shut up," he mumbled, "I just do." I giggled lightly, "Okay, okay. I'll be there soon."

-------

I entered my apartment to see Woojin sitting on the couch, "Why are you here?" He frowned and crossed his arm, "What do you mean? Am I not allowed to visit my girlfriend's place?" I sighed and shook my head before looking around the place, "Where's my mom?"

"Your family is out," he said as he pulled out his phone and showed me text messages he had exchanged with my mom. My jaw dropped open at what I was reading, "What? She didn't tell me anything about all this!"

"Hey," he pouted as he pulled me down to the couch, wrapping his arms around me, "Are you not happy I'm staying over?" I hummed into his chest for a moment before replying, "Maybe, I just wanted them to tell me first."

He pulled away from the hug and pinched my cheeks, "Don't worry about it. Your sister will be back in like 24 hours and your parents will be back in two nights, I have to take care of you." I nodded and then right away I thought of an idea, "Stay here, let me put my stuff away and change into something more comfortable."

I hurried up and changed into a tshirt and yoga pants before grabbing some instant popcorn and throwing them into the microwave. As I waited for the popcorn, I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder, "Movie."

I smiled at the thought as the popcorn finished up, "Yeah, guess what we're watching." I was about to reach for the microwave button when he beat me to it and pulled out the bag of popcorn, "Always? The Beauty Inside?"

"Nope," I laughed as I slipped out of his grip and walked to the living room and pulled out a movie, the one we promised to see together as kids, Minions, "Here." He burst out laughing as  he took it from me and opened the box, "Wow, did you like the movie?"

"I haven't watched it yet," I smiled as he flashed me a confused face, "I thought you went to watch it for your birthday?" I shook my head and to tease him, I tiptoed and whispered into his ear, "I wanted to watch it with you."

He stepped back a bit, his face slightly red from the sudden action, before flicking my forehead lightly, "Idiot. How long have you liked me?" It was my turn to become all red, "Actually, I only thought of you as a friend then." He pursed his lips and shook his head, "I don't believe it."

He stuck the disc into the DVD player, turned off the lights and we sat down on the couch to watch it. Even though we were watching a kid movie, it felt as fun to watch it, as if we were still little kids for that moment, grades weren't our top priorities, living life to the fullest was.

Sitting there and laughing made me feel carefree and happy for that even in the darkest times, there will always be a light, it is just whether or not your eyes are open to see it. Woojin was enjoying it too and I knew that the both of us were thinking the same thing. Even though we didn't spend much time together as kids, now fate had brought us here. If we watched the movie together that time, maybe, just maybe, we would've just stayed as friends.

Fate is a magical thing. If you turned back the time and did things differently, would you still meet that future or will you change that future?

-------

After the movie, we spent the rest of the day doing homework and studying especially since Woojin was going back to school the next day. We ordered just a box of pizza for dinner and studied face to face the whole time; somehow, we didn't waste any time talking about other things.

I yawned as I put down my finished cup of coffee and started putting my homework away, "I can't stay awake anymore, the coffee is in effect." Woojin looked at me for a moment before laughing, "You wanted to go to sleep right? You knew the coffee was going to make you more tired."

I just shrugged and stood up from the floor, "I'm going to wash up and go sleep right after, it's already 2AM, I can't stay up any longer." Woojin laughed, "Okay, then, I'll wash up in the main bath."

I shook my head, "Wow, are you seriously staying here?" He nodded, replying with a yawn. I laughed quietly at his little cute action before heading to my parents' room to wash up. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth while drying my hair before heading to my room.

I was just about to go to sleep when Woojin opened the door, whispering, "Hyerin~" I whined and waved my arm in the air, "I was just about to fall asleep." He laughed as he squeezed onto the bed, "Well too bad, I'm going to sleep right here."

"You're crazy," I mumbled but I don't do anything about it, "My sister wouldn't mind if you slept on her bed." But instead of moving, he just pulls up the blanket so it covers the both of us, "I want to sleep with my Hyerin." No matter how romantic or cute he wanted that to sound, it felt too cheesy to take it in seriously.

But I don't say anything because I know he's not going to move. I let him wrap his arms around me and I almost forget to breathe because of how close we were. There is a moment of silence before he whispered, "Good night~"

I smiled to myself as I whispered back, "Good night, Woojin~"