18

I couldn't help but think about the two all night and day long, my heart and brain hurt so much after all that. Everywhere I saw Woojin, I saw Yoojung and everywhere I saw Yoojung, I saw Woojin. He was carrying her around since she demanded that she get discharged right away.

So the doctor recommended her to be in a wheel chair for now since it was the first few days only but she decided that if Woojin wanted to carry her, he can. And he was all in for that idea. Lunch was different. Woojin moved over to the other side to sit across from Yoojung and now Daehwi sat right in front of me, annoying Sejeong who was sitting beside me.

"Hyerin, Hyerin, Hyerin," he whispered while poking my arm. I glared at him but he doesn't flinch, "What?" He smiled playfully as he looked towards the two at the end of the table, "You're jealous, aren't you?"

"What?" I blurted as I felt my face flush red, "No way, what are you talking about?" He covered his mouth as he started laughing, "You're too obvious. You keep looking at them like that! Somi and I already know you have a total crush on him."

"No, I don't," and it wasn't a total lie but Sejeong just had to add to the fire, "I know right. As your best friend, you should've told me before hand. The way you look at him is so obvious." I rolled my eyes and tapped her forehead hard, making her lean back and bump into Somi who was listening to our conversation.

As the three of them bicker about whether or not I like Woojin, I looked at Jinyoung for help and so he did, kind of, "Stop being so noisy! You guys are giving me a headache." And so they kept quiet while Daehwi imitated Jinyoung's cold expressions.

-------

my life line

hyerin💖
hey
where you at?

my life line
what you mean

hyerin💖
walking home together?
no?
you're not at the gate

my life line
oh god
im sorry
im bringing yoojung home

hyerin💖
oh
its okay😊

-------

I sighed as I slide down the wall into a squatting position. I buried my head in my hands and just sat there trying to stop myself from going crazy. I felt totally jealous and I admit it. My heart hurt at the idea that he was carrying her around just like he did for me. And I was scared that we would become distant again.

"Hey," I heard a familiar whisper, I looked up to see Jinyoung smiling down at me and that made me happy to know that I was one of the only people he was so nice too. I stood up from the floor and patted my hair down, "What's up?"

"Let me walk you home," he smiled as he put his hand in mines, surprisingly making my stomach churn oddly, "I know you hate the feeling of walking home alone since you always walked back with Woojin."

"No, not really," I smiled as we walked out of the school building, "I mean it hasn't been very long since we became friends again." I hear him let out a small laugh before we walk hand in hand home because I was too afraid I would offend him if I removed my hand.

No one was home so I decided to let Jinyoung in so we could study. Oddly enough, even my sister wasn't home even though she was always back already when I reached the apartment. We studied in my room with me on my bed and Jinyoung on my desk chair.

But I can't study. My heart keeps racing nervously even though there wasn't anything to get nervous about. It was as if I was about to take a big exam. I groaned as I pushed my homework aside and flopped face forward into my blanket.

"What is it?" Jinyoung asked as he closed his textbook and sat down on my bed, "Why do you look so stressed out?" I sat up and combed my hair down, pouting, "Well I have 3 tests and 2 quizzes tomorrow plus discussions and homework so yeah I'm stressed. And I can't seem to concentrate."

He scooted closer and cupped my face with his hands, "No, that's not it. You're stressed about something else. It's okay to tell me." I sighed as I stuck my arms out, asking for a hug without words. And so he hugged me tightly, "Tell me so I can help you."

"I'm scared," I admitted, "And I can't stop thinking about it. I'm sorry but I don't think I can tell you why today. I'm really scared. Scared out of my wits." And before I knew it, I was crying. I felt pathetic as a friend, I couldn't trust Jinyoung just yet. Even though he was comforting me, I would feel exposed to him if I told him what I was scared of. Maybe he would think I'm weak too. Because I really am.

"Don't cry," he whispered as he patted my back lightly, "It'll be okay." I laughed bitterly, "You have no idea. Ah, why am I crying?" We pull away from the hug but he continued to whisper encouraging things and telling me not to cry.

"I'll do your homework for you and help you study so don't worry," he smiled as he went back to the chair and pulled out my homework from my folder, writing his answers on a separate sheet of paper. But even with him telling me I could do it, I couldn't concentrate.

I pulled out my phone and looked at it with nothing going through my brain and everything Jinyoung was telling me was going out the other ear. I just stared at his contact debating whether or not to call him. Ugh I thought, I feel so stupid. Idiot, Hyerin!

-------

I thought I had posted this ch omg rip srry