23

I bit my lip as the elevator doors open to a familiar level in the apartment building. Nerves weren't over yet although the hard part was already over, I still felt nervous. I walked out of the elevator and strode across the hallway until I reached the apartment 1102.

I pressed the door bell and waited for an answer. The door swung open to reveal a face I hadn't seen for years, "Hyerin! Is that you? Come in." I smiled and nodded as I entered, "Mrs. Park, long time no see! How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, not much to a life of an old lady," she laughed as she led me into the apartment, "What are you doing around here?" I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my ear with one hand, "I'm here to see Woojin."

She nodded and mouthed an 'Ah' before leading me to his room. I knock on his door, "Woojin, it's me!" There isn't a reply so Mrs. Park goes in as I wait outside, when she came back out she didn't say anything and just walked away.

I slightly laugh when he opens the door, "What are you doing here?" I smiled as I patted down his messy hair and squeezed his cheeks, "Why were you sleeping? Yoojung and Daehwi already sent you all the homework you need to do online. I have the rest right here." He rubbed his eyes and yawned, "Oh right, but that's not what you're here for right?"

I nodded, "I thought about what you said yesterday and thought long about it." I looked up at him to see him staring at me intently, waiting for me to continue, "And my answer is, yes, I want to be more than friends."

-------

Flashback

"Oh hey, Hyerin," Jinyoung smiled at me but when he sensed my nervousness his smile slowly disappeared, "You're here to reject me right?" I bit my lip as for I couldn't just lie to him, "Uhm, yeah. Jinyoung, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to but I-I just wanted to be true to my feelings. I can't help but want to go with you because I feel guilty. At the same time, I didn't want to hurt Woojin."

Jinyoung nodded, "It's okay. I already knew your answer. I don't want to force you though, loving someone who doesn't love you may hurt but being forced to love someone also hurts." I smirked at his little comment, "Did you watch the drama Suspicious Partner? Because the words are exactly the same."

"Maybe," he laughed lightly, "But you better be warned, I'm not going to give up. Got it?" I smiled at the fact that he already looked like he was feeling better, "Got it."

-------

"Jinyoung?!" he yelped as I laughed and nodded, "Yeah, you have competition." He pouted and threw his arms around me before I could stop him, "Well it's on." He pulled me over to a familiar room and swung open the door without knocking on it.

"Hey, Yerim, you owe me 50000 won," he smiled as he draped his arm over my shoulders. Yerim turned around from the computer and stared at the two of us, "Prove it." And before I could ask what they were talking about, he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek, making me blush.

Yerim scoffed and pulled out 50000, "Here! Now go tell mom or you owe me 5000." He nodded and pulled me out of the room as I tried to stop him. He pulled me all the way to the kitchen to tel his mom, "Hey, mom. You know how I'd have a girlfriend by the end of this month?"

His mom nodded slowly, looking at me uncomfortably. He laughed lightly and kissed me on the cheek again, making me turn even redder, "Well, here she is." Surprisingly, she doesn't seem so worried about the fact that her son had just kissed me, all she does is nod and goes back to cooking.

"Now help me with my homework," he smirked as I frowned at him, "Hey, I'm not even in your class." He ignored what I said and just pulled me into his room, "I need help so you're staying."

I squinted my eyes at him as he walked over to the door, closing it, "Isn't your mom going to say something about that? Keep the door open." He frowned in disappointment at the attitude I was giving him but his smiled slowly appeared again for he knew that what I need was the building up of trust and it was still unstable.

I smiled back at him and walked over to give him a quick peck on the cheek as a thank you before jumping onto his bed and pulling out my homework from my back pack. I patted at the space next to me, signaling him over to sit next to me.

He pulled out his homework and we started working on it. But right after ten minutes or so, we became distracted right away. Talking and talking about other things instead of homework. By the time the hour passed, we only finished one homework assignment.

After finishing up our homework and eating dinner at his place, he decided to walk me back home although my apartment was only a level under his. He pushed a strand of hair away from my face and chuckled lightly as we wait in the elevator, "You're so cute."

Luckily, the elevator door opened before he could see my face turn red or else that would've been embarrassing. He pulled me out the elevator and led me to my door before stopping and turning around. I giggled lightly as he stared at me for a moment, "What is it?"

"I love you," he grinned and patted my head, "Goodnight." I immediately turn red and for a moment, we just stand there. I wanted to lean in and kiss him but I felt like he might think I would be weird to do it or maybe he liked girls who let the guy kiss first. I shook all those thoughts away and tiptoed slightly, placing my lips on his.

When I pulled away, he looked shocked and confused, making me rub my thumb to my index finger for a felt afraid to know what he was thinking. And then he started laughing, making me confuse, "What?"

"You. Are. So. Cute." he laughed as wrapped his arms around me, "Thank you." Embarrassed and confused, I asked him, "Thank you for what? I didn't do anything." I felt his hand fondle my hair as his laughed slowly died down, "Thank you for trusting me, even with these little things."