09

I yawned quietly before putting my pencil back down on the paper and writing down my answers. It was one of those super tricky grammar questions again and hated them so much. I kept on erasing my answer and choosing another one. In the end, I just gave up and bubbled in the letter c. The bell rang and everyone turned in their test quickly so they could get to the lunch line. I ran over to Juyi before she could leave the classroom, "Are you done with your part yet?"

"No," she frowned, "I was really busy yesterday, I'm sorry. I'll do it today." I just smiled at her even though I was angry, "Please do it today if you have any questions do feel free to ask me." And I excused myself to lunch.

This time Sejeong had beaten me to the line and already had her phone out, so walked up to her and peeked over her shoulder, "What are you playing?" She jumped at the sound of my voice before turning around, "Aish, don't scare me like that!" I laughed lightly as the line started to move, "It's fun."

"Whatever," she frowned, "Hey, do you want to sit with me today? Just the two of us? I can't stand that Daehwi boy." and as if on cue, he walked over with his arm crossed and was about to shout something at us when Woojin pulled at his ear and dragged him to the front of the line.

"Do you want to ask if we could cut?" Sejeong asked pointing at the two as the walked away. I shooked my head, "No, if we do that would be rude right? I mean we aren't even going to sit with them so yeah." She just shrugged and went back to her game. Lunch was boring again and right away, I knew I missed sitting at that table with the rest of them but I felt guilty for leaving her alone. I couldn't help but feel that way.

-------

I walked to K-25 after school and pulled out my earplugs before opening the door but I spotted Woojin and Yoojung on the floor chatting with homework scattered on the floor. They had already settled in the room for awhile and looked really comfortable with it.

I watched as the two of them laughed together and then something Yoojung said caught my attention, she asked Woojin something that I was afraid to hear the answer to, I couldn't trust his answer when he talked right in front of me, maybe he would tell the truth to Yoojung.

"Hey Woojin," she smiled at him as he lifted his head up from looking down, probably from his phone, "Why did you decide to become friends with Hyerin again?" My heart beat faster anxiously as Woojin thought of an answer.

"Well," he laughed lightly, scaring me a little, "She looked really sad and pitiful." What? I thought to myself as he continued, "I pitied her. She doesn't have a lot of friends and I couldn't just reject such a weak person right?" I felt betrayed by his answer, just when I thought it couldn't get worse, he added, "I kinda forced myself to say yes."

And that was it, I turned around and slammed the door shut, storming down the hallway, bumping into Jinyoung who was walking towards the practice room but I didn't care and just walked away as I heard Woojin shouting from behind. I ran into the girl's restroom and hid in there as tears streamed down.

Maybe I was a loner. Maybe I'm a weak person. Maybe I'm sensitive, stupid, lame and weird but I didn't deserve to be toyed with like that. He never even wanted to be friend with me again. Maybe he hated the memories we shared, he wanted to discard them but he couldn't. He thought I was a weakling and acted like my friend, played with my feelings. Sitting on the cold bathroom floor was stupid, lame and dirty but it didn't matter at that moment.

"Hyerin!" Woojin shouted from the outside, "Come out! Look, I'm sorry! Let me explain!" So he knew I was listening, now I probably looked even stupider for eavesdropping on their conversation. I cried quietly as many girls went in and out of the bathroom. After a few minutes of his shouting, it stopped and he probably left but I still couldn't get out of there in such a pathetic state.

An hour probably passed when I finally decided to get out of there because sitting there wouldn't change anything, I should at least make myself feel better. I walked out of the stall and washed my face before walking out but to my surprise, he was waiting outside the whole time.

He grabbed my wrist before I could turn back or run away, "Hyerin, I'm sorry. Please let me explain." I bit my lip to prevent me from crying as I struggled from his grip, trying to remove his grip on me with my other hand, "L-let me go! You have nothing to explain! I get it! You don't like me. You never wanted to be my friend again!"

And right away, before I could stop it, I felt tears run down my face. With one hard swing, I pulled away from my grip and ran out of the building as fast as I could. I was relieved when I turned around to see no one following me. I wiped away my tears and walked home alone like the loner he knew me as.

-------

WOOJIN (a rare pov)

I couldn't do it anymore. Practicing took too long even though only 30 minutes of it had passed. Jinyoung kept on asking me what I did to Hyerin but all I could think of was going home. I finally gave up and grabbed my backpack, leaving the room before anyone could stop me.

I ran to the apartment building as quickly as I could and rang their doorbell, "Mrs. Kim, if you are home, please open the door. It's me, Woojin." And right away the door unlocked, I opened it and walked in quickly but she stopped me before I could go any further, "Long time no see Woojin! How have you been? What brings you here?"

"Ah," I laughed lightly, "Hyerin, I'm friends with Hyerin again and I need to talk to her." I didn't want to say anymore because I knew Hyerin hated how over protective her mother could be at times. Mrs. Kim raised her eyebrows at my answer, "Talk? Sure. I mean she hasn't said anything since she came home and it's really weird. Please make her feel better. Hyerin always talked about her day after she got home but today she just rushed to her room."

What her mother said made me feel even more guiltier and I started to regret my actions even more. I nodded and excused myself as I walked across the hallway to see a familiar door with a small princess crown sticker still stuck on the door, I knocked lightly, "Hyerin, it's me. Please let me explain."

There was no answer. I felt someone push me aside from behind, it was Sungkyung, who had grown so much since the last time I saw her. She glared at me before knocking on their shared room door to a familiar melody, "Do you want to build a snowman?"

And the door opened up, letting her in but before I could push the door open, she slammed it closed. I sighed but continue trying anyway, "Hyerin! Can we please talk? Look I'm really sorry. I don't mean anything I said."

"She's not listening, you know?!" Sungkyung shouted from the inside but I knew what kind of sister relationship the two had, she was just covering for her older sister. I thread my hand through my hair as I start feeling more anxious, "Hyerin I really didn't mean it. Trust me."