08

"No way," Daehwi retorted as he glared at Sejeong who was glaring back at him from the other side of the lunch table, "We can't go out with HER!" Somi rolled her eyes and pinched her nose bridge, "Why? What did she ever do to you? What about you Sejeong? What ridiculous thing did he do?"

"Be a smartass!" Daehwi said as Sejeong shouted, "Be a dumbass!" I stifled a laugh from the two as Sejeong frowned at me since I was sitting right next to her and she could hear me. Woojin, who was sitting right across laughed sarcastically, "Oh wow. You two are great together. How about we just don't go out ever again?"

"What?" Sejeong frowned, "You guys can go out without me. It doesn't matter to me." And with that, she just went back to her homework but Daehwi continued mumbling about things. Woojin whispered to me although Sejeong could hear, "Why does Sejeong hate him so much?"

"Well," I sighed pointing to her, "She always gets partnered up with Daehwi in math and he never listens in class so when she tries to work with him, he doesn't cooperate because he doesn't know how to do it."

Woojin just laughs as he motioned for me to move forward a little, he whispered into my ear, "I ship them." I giggled lightly in agreement as I looked back and forth between the two grumpy heads, "I kinda do too. But she has a boyfriend."

-------

It was after school already and I found myself walking to K-25 with my earplugs in, listening to "Stay as you are" I pushed open the door and flicked the light switch on before suddenly my music cuts off and I hear a loud beep somewhere.

I pulled out my earplugs as the bluetooth speaker in the corner connects to my phone. Woojin had given me the password to start up the speaker before he comes in so I did as I was told. But minutes passed as he didn't come in so I played so music for myself, ending up dancing and singing alone since the room had no windows and was sound proof.

I flinched when I hear the door close, not open. I turned around to see a smirking Woojin eyeing me, "Wow, you couldn't wait already and started dancing? How's your ankle?" I felt my face turn red in embarrassment, I probably looked like a dying seagull, "U-uh, it's okay. I just removed the cast."

"Don't stress it," he mumbled as he threw his back pack on the couch and pulled out something, a microphone. He pressed a button and immediately connected to the speaker and passed it to me, "The others won't be here for awhile so we can just hang out, you can sing and I'll dance."

I agreed but kept microphone farther away from my mouth so it wouldn't come out as loud and disgusting. But most of the time I just stared in awe at his dancing. When the third song ended, he turned around and smiled at me before saying, "Hey, that dance before. It was really nice."

"Don't," I stopped him before he can go further, I couldn't believe him and I didn't want him to force me to believe him, I just couldn't trust all his words just yet, "I'm good so just conti-"

I was interrupted by a loud scream and the door swinging open, bringing in chaos to the practice room. There was Somi and Yoojung yelling at Daehwi who was struggling with carrying Sejeong into the room while she was hitting his back to stop him from going any further.

He put her down and laid down on the couch, complaining at how heavy she was while Somi yelled at him for harassing her. Jinyoung walked in cooly with a finished lollipop stick in his mouth, pulling it out and throwing it away in the trash can next to the door.

"Why is Sejeong here?" I asked as everyone turned to our direction as if they never even noticed us in this room when they came in. Sejeong stood up from the floor and walked over to me, "He carried me from the library across the street all the way in here! Ridiculous!"

"I was just recruiting another judge!" Daehwi shouted from the couch, sticking his arms in the air like a zombie, "Blame Woojin, he was the one who wanted more people to judge!" At the same time, all the girls including me in the room shouted, "Judging!?"

"Yep," Jinyoung smiled as he sat down on the piano chair, "We need people to judge our dance for the school dance competition in a little more than a week." I couldn't say anything but keep my mouth agape until Daehwi snorted, "Hey, close your mouth idiot! A fly will buzz in!"

I frowned, "Stop hating on me! Or else I'll never team up with you again! I'll team up with the others to beat you!" Woojin clapped loudly as I looked at him like he was weird, "Wow, Hyerin. I didn't know I would see this side of you."

"Pfft," I laughed at myself, looking away from the others, "Why did I say that?" I mentally slapped myself as the boys got ready to practice. We, girls, huddled in a corner and started doing our homework and studying while they practiced.

But they kept on bothering us about the choreography and what should be changed and what should be kept. The other three girls just ignored them so I ended up judging the most. Being the leader type me, I started nagging on those who were behind a beat or missed a move. I didn't get any studying done. By the end of their practice, they were complaining about how tired they were doing the same thing over and over again.

"Hyerin," Woojin frowned at me, making me a bit nervous at what he was going to say and I really should be nervous for it because what he said next made me stressed, "Come over every practice and help us out."

Oh god, I sighed, Why did I get myself into this mess?