25

An alarm goes off and I'm surprisingly able to wake myself up. I blinked my eyes open to see Woojin in my bed. For a moment, I don't remember what had happened but then it hit me, we have school.

I propped my body up with my hand and reached over Woojin to grab my phone which was still ringing. I swiped right and turned off the alarm before shaking Woojin lightly, "Hey, Woojin, wake up."

"No~" he groaned with his rough morning voice and pulled me down to the bed again, "I don't want to go to school. Let's ditch today." I frowned as I rubbed my eyes, "No. I can't be absent today, I have a project to turn in."

"You always say that," he sighed as he snapped open his eyes and rubbed them lightly, "At least sleep for another five minutes." I shook my head and sat up, "You can sleep another five minutes, I'll get washed up."

So I jump over him and land on the floor perfectly, except it made a loud noise that probably annoyed the neighbors downstairs. I yawned as I strode over to the main bathroom to brush my teeth. Just when I was about to do so, I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Woojin smiling at me, "Let's brush our teeth together."

I don't say anything and just passed him a new toothbrush to use. I pulled out my phone as we brushed our teeth and took a photo with the mirror. I mumbled to him to close his mouth as I took the picture. After I take it, he goes back to brushing his teeth.

After washing up, we part ways to get changed into our uniforms. He goes back home to change since he didn't bring over his uniform the day before. I eat a quick breakfast before leaving and heading to the entrance to meet up with him.

We catch the first bus and sit in the back. I pulled out my earplugs and stuck it to my phone so I could play music. Since it was loud in the bus, there was really no point in trying to talk to each other so I just decided to listen to music.

I steal a glance at Woojin before plugging them into my ears, playing "Glass Bridge" I looked out the side window and watched as cars passed by, suddenly, I feel his hand slip into mine and when I spun around to look at him, he placed his lips onto mind for a moment before pulling out my right earplug and putting it in his right ear.

And then when he found out what song I was listening to, he looked at with slight pity in his eyes like he knew what the song was singing about. It wasn't a surprise, for the both of us were interested in a variety of music, even OSTs in English.

He lightly pushed my head down to his shoulder so I could place it there. I smiled at his little action and so I squeezed his hand a little. I just stared at our hands intertwined as the song continued.

Tell me for sure

That you won't leave me here alone

I need to know

You will, I believe

When I do need someone to hold

You'll be here

-------

I hummed, along to the song I was listening to, quietly as I walked down the hallways to my classroom. Woojin had gone to class already so I had to walk to class by myself since I wasn't close to anyone there.

Since I was on my phone, I didn't see where I was going and I ended up bumping into someone. I looked up to see Jinyoung smiling bashfully at me, "Hey, I'm back." I grinned as he looked to the side shyly, "I hope we can still stay as friends."

"Of course," I laughed lightly, "But first, let me get to class before I become late." I excused myself and continued walking but Jinyoung was following me for some reason. I stopped and turned around when we reached my classroom, "Why did you follow me here? Aren't you supposed to get to class?"

"Schedule change," he shrugged, "I'm in your class now." I felt half excited but at the same time half confused, "Why would they change your class in the middle of the school year?"

"My teacher just disappeared so we need a new teacher, some of us are in your class, others are in other classes," he smiled as he walked passed me and opened the door, walking in without me. I go in right after him and head to my seat as the bell rings.

A few students are standing in the front along with Jinyoung and they do short introductions before the teacher assigns them seats, "Mr. Bae, you sit next to Ms. Kim," he glared at me and growled with his deep voice, "Hyerin-ssi, raise your hand."

"Don't worry," Jinyoung smiled at the teacher, "I know where she is." He walked over and pats my head before sitting down. I could already feel the glares piercing through the back of my head from all the people who sat behind me.

I looked at Jinyoung as he looked back at me with a little smirk appearing on his face, before he reached across to pinch my cheek, "Oh this is going to be so fun." And even though the teacher saw him do that, he leaves it alone for the first time this whole year.

I mentally rolled my eyes and slapped his hand away, "It's on, Bae Jinyoung." I whispered as I glared at him and directed my two fingers at my eyes before pointing them at him, "Watching you."

"Hyerin-ssi!" the teacher shouted, "Pay attention!" I frowned and sat properly, looking straight ahead at the board. Oh my god, I groaned mentally, I hate this class