Chapter 7 - "Movies"

The more I read through her diary, the more I wanted to read.

She sure is an interesting person, with a very interesting life. I've learned quite a few things, like how she donates money for charities. What bad girl does that?

I even read through my shift. I think I was starting to get addicted to the book.

So it's only Mr. Anderson that knows that I have her diary, and I'm going to keep it that way. She'll be beyond mad when she knows that I have her diary. A diary is a very personal thing.

I finally put the book away. Enough is enough. I only have like five minutes left to work. That's a bonus. That diary made the time go by so fast.

The other thing is that I don't want anyone to catch me reading it. "Hello Neighbor," she said, taking my hand.

"W-where are you taking me?"

"Shopping." She said, dragging me out of the diner.

"B-but I have w-work." She narrows her eyes.

"Don't you dare lie to me James Brown, you and I both know you're lying. I've talked to your boss to ask for your time schedule, you just finished." I stared at her with my mouth open. "Stage two. Outfit." I nod closing my mouth.

We started walking to the parking lot. "W-where's your bike?" I stared at the white car in front of me.

"Well since I'm turning into a good girl, I had to get rid of it since it's part of the bad reputation. So..." She said opening the driver's door and climbing in.

I didn't think she would go that far and lose her motorcycle. I climbed into the passenger seat.

The car ride was silent, but luckily it was short. We soon arrived at the Mall, and she parked the car. I don't go to the Mall, so I've never been to the cinema. My mom buys my clothes anyway, so I don't have a reason to be here.

We enter a shop that I've never heard of, and that's where it started. Us walking in almost every store there is. She asking for my opinion and then fit it. She looked really pretty with some of the outfits.

Shoes were even worse than clothes. It was always, 'not too bad' or 'which color?' I suck at choosing shoes. She went for plain and normal. Which was totally not her.

We entered the final shop, our hands filled with shopping bags. She takes a dress off of the hanger and shows it to me.

"You like? Or is it too short?" I looked at the dress, I wouldn't say it was short. It probably stopped at her knees. She hangs it back, "I don't think dresses are such a good idea." She pays for the top that she bought.

We both let out a sigh as we drop the bags in the trunk. "Want something to eat?" She asks and I nodded.

I never thought that shopping would be this tiring. She picked a cafe that she claims has the best milkshakes, even though I make milkshakes at the diner. "Why vanilla?" I ask her.

"Because I love vanilla." She takes a sip from her milkshake. "Thanks for helping me."

"P-pleasure," I said sipping my chocolate milkshake.

"So what's your favorite movie?" She asks playing with her straw.

"I-I don't watch movies," she stared  at me with her mouth hanging open
"I don't have time for them."

"You're joking? Have you like never watched one single movie?"

"M-maybe when I was y-younger." She playfully punched me.

"What? Okay, after we finished this we'll go watch a movie. How does that sound?" I nod. "What type of movie? Comedy? Action? Adventure? Have you ever saw an Animation? What about books? You read, don't you?"

"Y-you can pick the movie, and of course I l-love to read." She smiled, and I paid for our drinks.

Well, after we fought about it for forever. She really is so stubborn and independent. She picked a comedy movie, and I just went with it. Comedies aren't really my kinda thing.

Through the movie I almost only watched Bailey. She was laughing at everything the actors said, so I just chuckled.

There was something about her when she watched the movie. I think it was that she was just smiling and laughing, but I didn't see her as the bad girl everyone is talking about.

I didn't understand a thing they said, while she was laughing her butt off. I felt stupid for the first time in my life, and I didn't like it.

"So, did you like it?" She asked me in anticipation, as I threw our empty popcorn boxes away.

"It was funny," I lied. She nodded.

"Yes," she air pumped. "I knew you would like it. So next time, we watch a movie at your place. I was thinking action?" I nodded.

"S-sure." She high-fives me and walks to her car.

We climbed in. I was so tired and needed my bed now, "I still can't believe that you don't watch movies. What do you do then?"

"I-I don't do much, I-I work, study and read... And I run." She raised an eyebrow.

"You run?" I nod. "What do you like?"

"Eating and sleeping."

"Do you have a hobby?" I nod.

"Eating and sleeping." She started laughing but punched my shoulder playfully.

"Don't you do anything else?" She said glancing my way.

"N-no."

"Ever went skinny dipping?" I shook my head. "Broke into school?" I shook my head again. "TP the neighbor's house?" I shook my head. "What? Not even stolen a cookie?" I nod.

"A-and you?" She nods.

"Of course! So tell me Jay, have you done anything exciting in your life before?" I placed my finger under my chin.

"W-well, I once poured salt in my brother's coffee."

"What, really? Tell me more."

"I-I thought it was sugar, but it was salt."

"I didn't know you have a brother." Nobody would know that he is my brother, we're total opposites.

"You never asked." She punched my arm lightly, and I open the car door. "Bye," I said.

"Bye, we'll have to make that list longer."

***

Question >> What is the most exciting thing you've done in your life?

Chapter dedication >> Angelicscarlett

A/N >> Please don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed reading the chapter