Chapter 19 - "My jokes"

The entire day I was keeping an eye on Bailey, but nothing happened.

I was so sure that she would do something to me, but she didn't. That's when I started thinking, did she really know? Maybe I should stop jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, she just changed back to her normal self and I was just being paranoid and thought that she was working out some revenge plan.

And if she is planning revenge on me, what is she going to pull off? I'm actually afraid of finding out.

"Hey James, are you okay?" Trent asks, waving his hand in front of me. I nod. "You zoned out for like five minutes, I almost thought that you were asleep since I heard that some people sleep with their eyes open. So I thought that maybe-"

"I was just thinking."

"About?" He waves his hands. "No, no let me guess." He places his finger under his chin. "Why birds fly and we can't? I want to fly like I know they have wings, but I want to fly too." He pouted.

"No."

"Mmm, why colorblind people can see colors, but they still call it colorblind. I thought they could only see black and white, but some see blue and green as the same color and can't-"

"No Trent, I wasn't thinking about that." I snapped.

He snapped his fingers, "I know, you want to grab the food from advertisements and eat it, but you can't and it would be so cool. Like when they show- hey are you even listening to what I'm saying?" I shook my head. "I'm just trying to cheer you up."

Trent always has these jokes that he tells to make you feel better. He is the only one laughing, and that is why you start laughing. It isn't really funny, you're just laughing at him.

Jasper took a seat next to me. "Don't try to cheer him up, he doesn't appreciate it." Trent scoffed.

Jasper smiled, "Let me guess, you told him about your dreams. Like 'what if this and that'?" Trent shrugged.

"Maybe I should tell him my jokes that I made up, they're really good. Hey James?" I glanced his way. "Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Cow who?"

"No, cows moo not who." He almost fell off his chair while laughing. "Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Nobody."

"Nobody who?"

"Nobody cares." He slapped his side, and almost started crying. "Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"James." I rolled my eyes.

"Who, James Bond?"

"No, you." Why would I want to open the door to let myself in? "Maybe I should tell you my other jokes. What do you call a singing lemur?"

"I don't know."

"King Julian." My mouth lifted a little because I haven't heard that one before. "What do you call-"