Chapter 36 - "Take me to her"

Bailey

"Look Bae, I drew you a picture." I stopped what I was doing and looked over to where he was pointing.

"It's so pretty." He smiled.

"Keep it." I took it and placed it onto the fridge.

"Now everyone can see it." He giggled and clapped his hands. Mom came into the kitchen and gave us both kisses.

"Hey kids," she placed some groceries down. "Lasagna or pizza?"

"Pizza!" We both yelled. Mom chuckled and ordered some pizza. We all packed the groceries away.

"Mommy mommy! Look what I drew for Bae!" He tugged on Mom's hand showing her the picture he drew.

"That's-" The front door opened.

"Daddy!" Shaun ran into Dad's arms. Mom looked surprised.

"Honey, you're home." He smiled and kissed her. "What a surprise." Dad gave Shaun a toy car and he ran off with it.

"Where's my princess?" I ran up to Dad. He picked me up and spun me around. He kissed my nose and sat me down, "I've got you something." I smiled. He pulled it out of his bag.

It was a pallet full of paints. "Thank you, daddy." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

Honking woke me up and I sat up straight. I rubbed my eyes and then looked at the time. "Shit!" I cursed. I was going to be late. I started the car and took off.

Parking the newly bought second-hand car I stepped out of the vehicle. I quickly braided my hair and then ran to the building. I walked to the staff's room and put my apron on.

Humming a random melody I started mopping the kitchen floors. There was a ring and I knew someone stepped into the cafe.

I rapidly made my way towards the entrance.

Grabbing a menu for the customer I placed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Right this way," I said to the man. He didn't respond, but I was used to it by now.

I placed his menu down in front of him and walked back to the kitchen, "Hey Dan." I greeted the chef. He smiled once he saw me.

"Morning Leah." He said. When I came into this town I changed my name and sold my car. Just in case they're looking for me. Dan is a really nice guy and he's like a dad to me.

I cleaned the counter and walked back to the man, "Have you decided what you want to order?" I asked him.

He nodded, then he motioned for me to sit down. "I know where she is." He said barely above a whisper.

I look around and then took a seat, "Who?"

"Your mom, Hailey."

"She's alive?" He nodded.

I scoffed, how on earth can I trust this stranger? He placed a phone down. "We've been in contact for months." He showed me all the calls. He was that unfamiliar voice I always talked to. Just because he claimed that he knows about my mom. "I want to make a deal."

I nodded for him to continue.

"You have to come work for me." I frowned. All I have to do is go work for him and my mother is fine?

"What?"

"We need people like you." He said softly.

"Okay, where's my mom?" I questioned.