Chapter 28 - "Place to call home"

Bailey

"We shouldn't be here, let's go back, Bae." He tugged my hand, clutching it firmer.

"Stop being such a baby," I wined. "We'll be back before they know it."

"I don't think they would like that we're here all alone this time of the night." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, what could possibly-" I was pushed and fell onto the ground.

"Bailey watch out!" I couldn't exactly see what was going on. Then I heard a gunshot go off. Then another.

After that, I couldn't hear anything except for the shots repeatedly echoing in my head. It was dark, so I couldn't see the figures retreating. But I knew they were there.

Blood.

There was blood everywhere. Blood on the pavement, I realized I was also covered with blood. But then it struck me, it's my blood.

I was bleeding, but I couldn't feel any pain. I searched for the wound, my stomach. I place some pressure on the massive opening. It hurts, it hurts so f-ing much. I try to stand up but saw the boy lying next to me.

He was also covered with blood. If only I would've listened, then this wouldn't have happened. This is all my fault.

"Shaun!"

I woke up, sweat coating my body and tears rolling down my cheeks. Wiping everything away, I thought about this morning.

Seeing that genuine smile on his face was enough to have my heart clenching in pain.

That was a real smile.

I felt bad for leaving James there. My plans aren't meant to hurt him. That's totally not my intention. I want him to realize what he has and who he is.

I ruffled his hair, letting my fingers run through it. So soft. "Bye James," I whispered, placing a kiss on his nose. I climbed on Lilly and then went back to Janica's house.

I just had to be quick since she's up by five. I took all my belongings throwing them into the car and then taking off. I didn't look back, because I was afraid that I would change my mind.

I've been planning this day for a long time now and I don't want it to backfire.

My dad thinks he can control me, and I want to prove him wrong. We moved about twenty times and this time I don't want to. Just when I get settled in, we have to move again. My father has been running for a while now.

And I've been searching.

He's a coward for thinking that hiding is the best and only option. He just makes me so mad sometimes. Ever since my mom is not around anymore, he's not been himself. It crushes me to see my dad in that state.

I accelerate the car, after all, I am on a mission.

Just then my phone rang, "And how is our deal going so far?"

"I'm on my way," I said and ended the call, throwing my phone out of the car's window. No traces.

Ever since I found out that you can travel around the world, I've always wanted to see parts I haven't been to before. Try something new. Well, I like changes, they are not always bad. You learn from it and you don't get bored easily.