Chapter 40 - "An awesome sue chef"

The next morning Simoné made breakfast. Parker took a seat across from me and eyed all the food on the table.

He licked his lips. I, on the other hand, didn't have an appetite. You can't blame me, I'm scarred for life. Thinking about soda or ch- no I'm going to stop myself.

Parker gobbled down some eggs and I kept playing with my food.

Simoné gave the puppy some dog food, but think it's best we take him to the vet. Just to make sure he's 100% okay. I couldn't agree more, it's my dog after all.

"Aren't you hungry?" She asked me.

"I- uh- not really." I don't want to make her feel offended by not eating her food. "I guess it's just the whole... incident." Luckily she smiled and nods her head.

"Of course, but you boys need your strength. Where are you off to?"

"Some town nearby," Parker answered between a mouth filled with bacon and some waffles. He gulped his food down, "we don't know for sure where it is, but we have the address." I'm glad Parker can speak since I don't want to even open my mouth anymore.

"Why are you on a road trip? Shouldn't you be in school?"

I stab some sausage with my fork. Parker nods, "Yeah." He swallows, "but we need to find our friend first." Simoné look intrigued by what he said.

"Why is that?" I eye the lady suspiciously. Don't get me wrong, she's nice and all, but she's still a stranger. She asks way too many questions. We just have to be careful.

"She ran off." I quickly tell her.

She didn't look surprised at all. I thought she would ask more questions, but we further ate in silence. Simoné took the puppy to the vet while.

We were now chopping some wood, apparently, Simoné uses it for everything. She has no electricity. I thought we could do her a favor for everything she did for us.

Personally, I think I would die without any power. Yes, you can have candles as light, but what about a fridge or geyser or- or- television? What about... wifi!

But woodchopping ain't that bad.

I guess you can heat up some stuff, but what do you do to keep it cold? We'll just have to see and find out.

We swam in a lake nearby to cool off, I sweated like a pig. It was really bad. The cold water hit my skin and send a shiver down my spine. "This is so amazing!" Parker said diving into the water.

I couldn't agree more.

He surfaced, "So, when are we going on the road again?" I asked him.

"Soon hopefully."

We both thought it would be best if we made lunch and then hit the road. Simoné would he back with some clean clothes and the puppy.

Parker was in the mood for spaghetti. Luckily Lisa taught me a really easy and tasty recipe. So there we were in the kitchen cooking pasta.

While he grated some more cheese to put on top, I decided to set the table. Everything was finished by the time Simoné came home.

Parker even squeezed some oranges. I thought he would only be a burden in the kitchen, but we made a pretty good team. "I'm an awesome sue chef."

He was so proud of himself, as soon as she came into the door, he already seated her and placed the puppy down on the couch.

We're digging in, all of that morning's memories long forgotten. "This is really good guys. Thank you." She praised. Parker couldn't contain his smile.

"Why thank you Sim. James really got a few tricks up his sleeve." He kept on chowing down his food.

"How is the puppy?" I asked.

"They said he's gonna be just fine, he should just be on a strict diet. Only dog food. It's really important, those junk you fed him isn't good for his little tummy. You boys should be more responsible, he could've died."

"Well, he's one lucky dog," Parker said.

We all cleaned up after the meal and washed the dishes since teamwork makes a dream work. It really is true. We got dressed in the new clothes she bought us. And she also packed us some snacks for the road.

My phone buzzed and I unlock it to see all the missed calls and text messages. I answer the call. "James!"

"Jasper?"

"Oh thank goodness! Where the hell have you been? I haven't stop calling you since the party when you and Parker mysteriously disappeared. Do you know how worried everyone-"

"Don't worry Jasper, I'm fine. Everything is fine. Parker is with me." Jasper let out a sigh of relief.

"But still, you could've answered my calls or a text at least." I ran a hand through my hair.

"Look dude, I've been really busy and forgot all about my phone. Can you tell my mom that I'll be home by tomorrow? I'm not entirely sure."

"Where are you, what are you up to James? And what in the name are you doing with Parker Adams?" I could almost see the frown on his face when he said that.

"Parker and I are friends again, actually. I think I've told you before, but anyway, didn't Trent tell you? Or Stacy? I mean they don't ever shut up about anything, especially Stace with her newspaper articles, she's like a walking-"

"No, they haven't told me anything. Everyone was so drunk and yeah, it was really that bad. I didn't drink much, but the rest? You should've seen your mom twerking and your dad playing beer pong. Man, it was pretty funny."

I let out a laugh, "Thank gooseberries I didn't have to burn my eyes. My mom dancing and my dad actually doing something... fun? No way." I scoffed in disbelief. I can't get that picture in nor out of my mind.

"Yeah, it was a crazy party. You missed out on a lot. But where are you anyway?"

"I'm on my way... I'm getting Bailey."

***

Chapter dedication >> Cloe1422x

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

Please don't forget to vote by pressing the star! 🌟