Chapter 18 - "That's why I'm furious"

James

My phone rang and I jumped out of bed to pick it up. I didn't even bother to look at the caller-ID and just answered it.

"Hello James, mommy is almost home sweetheart. You can take your stuff back to our house. I can't wait to see you!" I internally groaned at the way she talked to me.

"Hi, mom." I managed to say.

"I hope that you have been a gentleman and didn't forget your manners. Lisa is a very kind lady, and I hope you treated her well." I rolled my eyes. "James you better get dressed and don't forget to brush your teeth."

"Yes, mom."

"Okay bye, I love you!"

"B-" I heard the beeping and then realized she ended the call. My mother always wants the last word, doesn't she?

I quickly got dressed and packed my bags. I'm actually glad that mom is coming back, I've missed seeing her. I check that I have all my stuff, but stiffen when I saw Bailey's diary wide open. If anyone would walk into the room they would've seen it.

Stupid James, stupid stupid.

I remember reading it yesterday, but I forgot to hide it. I've failed to come up with a plan to give it back to her, so I will just hand it to Lisa. She'll know what to do with it.

I take my luggage and started walking next door. "Morning child." I smiled thinking about mom's words.

"Morning Lisa." I didn't look at her and continued taking my bags. I place them inside the house and lock the door walking back. I walked in but stopped in my tracks looking at Lisa.

She didn't have a smile on her face like always, her hair was in a mess, her eyes were puffy and she walked around the house mumbling things while holding her phone in hand.

She was stressed, tired, and panicked. "Lisa," she stopped and turned around facing me. "Are you okay?" She nodded and try to smile. Of course, I knew it was fake, "Really?"

She shook her head, bursting out into tears. "I-it's B-Bailey." She said between sobs. I gave her a hug, "S-she left last night. I-I called her phone, but s-she doesn't pick up. S-she hasn't returned." I rub her back trying to calm her down.

"It will be okay Lisa, we'll find her. I'm sure this isn't the first time." She nodded. Fear also flushed over me, I hope that nothing happened to her.

"I-it isn't, but she always answers my calls." She lets go of the embrace. "James, is there something I don't know about? She wouldn't just leave without letting me know about it." I shook my head.

I couldn't think of a single reason why she left, yesterday we had so much fun. She looked happy to me, I don't know why she would just disappear like that.

Lisa stared at her watch, "You need to get to school, but don't worry about Bailey I'll call the police." I nodded.

"I will ask around if someone saw her, but for now we must remain positive. I think she couldn't have gone that far."

"Bye James."

"Bye Lisa."

I texted Jasper earlier to come and pick me up. I needed to talk to him. He's my best friend, and it feels like I've been avoiding him. I didn't, it just feels that way.

Soon Jasper's car was right in front of me and I climbed in. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem," Jasper said driving on. He glanced at me for a second and returned his eyes to the road. "What is it?"

"It's Bailey, she's missing." I breathed out. Jasper gaped.

"For how long?"

"Lisa said that she must've snuck out last night. She's so worried, she wouldn't stop crying."

"Why do you think she left?" I shook my head, deep in my thoughts.

"I don't know, maybe the first reason why she came here? What is she doing at her grandma's? It doesn't make sense. There must be more to the story."

We arrived at the school, and what caught my attention was Bailey's motorcycle. Jasper must've seen it too because he looked just as confused as me. I let Lisa know anyway.

I hopped out of the car, Jasper right behind me. I was also worried about her. Luckily she must be here because she wouldn't leave her beloved bike all alone. Then I finally saw her. I don't know what surprised me more.

The fact that she looked the way she did or the fact at what she was doing.

She returned back to her bad girl habits and outfit. But this time she looked more reckless. I don't know, maybe it was that she had a more edgy vibe.

She was hanging out with seniors, and not the type you want to be around with. They all were smoking and Parker was walking towards Bailey. The sight just disgusted me.

Why would she be hanging out with them?

He kissed her and I looked away gagging. She finally noticed Jasper and me, and I'm not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but I think I saw her smirk into the kiss.

I stormed inside the school building, and Jasper ran behind me. "Wait up! James! Stop running dude." I started walking. "Hey, don't worry she isn't worth-"

"That's not why I'm angry Jasper, she had her grandmother worried sick and she was only with her stupid friends. That's why I'm furious."

Jasper shook his head, "At least we know that she's safe and-"

"No! I don't know what her intentions are, but she's doing this on purpose. What the hell did I do to..." I was lost in my thoughts.

No, there is no way that she found it.

"James, can you just calm down for a moment?" Jasper said trying to calm me. I shook my head.

Jasper stared at me like I've lost my mind, but then something clicked inside him, "Really? Do you think so?" I stood there staring at her locker.

"Mhmm."

"What, I thought you were clever than that. Didn't you hide it?" I nod my head. Except for yesterday.

"She must've seen it in my room." She was in my room. What was she doing in there?

"Are you sure that she knows?" I nod.

"Yes, and in the short amount of time, I got to know her. I know that there is only one thing that she wants."

"What?"

"Revenge."

***

Question >> Where in the world would you like to be right now?

Chapter dedication >> shyirriah

A/N >> Don't forget to comment and vote! ❤️