Chapter 34 - "Your choice"

Somebody shook me awake and I sat up straight. "Man, you're impossible to wake up," Jasper muttered.

I blinked seeing everything blurry, I rubbed my eyes and then put my glasses on. Thank goodness I could see clearly with them. "Your mom says breakfast is ready."

I thew on a T-shirt and then went downstairs. Mom usually cooks breakfast on Sundays when she wants to, but it's really rare. I used to do all the cooking around here. But how hard can frying bacon really be?

Everything looked fine, maybe the toast is burnt or something. Nope, dad is making toast while reading a newspaper.

We ate in silence, but it's okay by me. There isn't really much I wanted to talk about. My brother was also quiet, which surprised me. Jasper soon left and I was busy with chores.

Cleaning the dishes, I was almost done when Connor came into the kitchen. I ignored him and continued placing the dishes away.

Connor took some of it and packed it away, "I miss washing dishes with you." He said. I just placed the frying pan in its place. I wanted to grab the last plate, but Connor beat me to it. "Don't you?" I shrugged.

Walking back to the kitchen I poured myself a glass of water. I went to my room and tried to catch up on some of my work. I still had a lot of assignments to complete. I was halfway when there was a knock on my door.

Connor held a basketball in his hands, "Wanna shoots some hoops?" I shook my head and pointed to my books. He nodded and then disappeared.

I continued with my homework. It was sometime later when there was another knock on my door. This time he held a baseball and a glove, "Want to bat?" Again I pointed to my books. He walked out.

Finishing the last bit of it, I decided to take a shower, grabbing my towel. Someone knocked on my door, this time Connor was holding a soccer ball. "What about kicking?" I held up my towel and walked to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and got changed. Connor was in front of me as soon as I opened the bathroom door, "This whole time I was nice to you James. I'm sick of you ignoring me. I want to spend some time with you. You're my brother, and soon I will be gone again. Why don't we just watch a movie or something?"

"W-which one?"

"Your choice."

• • •

Yesterday was fun watching movies with Connor. We didn't fight and we also talked it out. Most of it was action movies and it reminded me of someone.

I missed a week of school and it feels like I've been the center of attention. Everyone kept staring my way and whispered things amongst themselves. I hated it.

Luckily I have my friends.

Trent and his big mouth would say something like 'What are you looking at?' Or something more cliche like 'Take a picture it would last longer.' I didn't say a word today.

I hated the whispers.

Bailey.

Where's Bailey?

That's the guy she was with? What a douche.

It wouldn't stop. And it only got worse. I almost punched a few people today, but I don't usually get into fights. We are having lunch and they were talking about baby animals. "So James, baby penguin or a baby polar bear?" I shrugged.

"Penguins," Stacy answered.

"Polar bear." Trent spat out.

"Na-uh, penguin." Trent shook his head.

"Nooo! Polar bears!" He pouted.

"Polar bears."

"Yes, penguins," Stacy smirked.

"See even you admitted it."

"No fair, you tricked me." They kept on bickering back and forth. Stacy saying something about him being a stupid walrus. I couldn't care less. It went on and on. They wouldn't stop arguing.

I couldn't take it anymore, "Stop it!" They were quiet. "B-both of you. J-just shut up. W-we all know y-you like each other. S-so just a-admit it." They gave each other a quick glance and then burst out laughing.

"I don't like her," Trent said between laughs.

"I hate him," Stacy said.

"Sure you do." Jasper rolled his eyes. I could see her blush. "James is right, just go out on a date or something. See how it goes, because your fights are irritating everyone around you." Suddenly they both wanted more food and disappeared.

I think they won't ever admit that they actually like each other very much. But give it a few years and they'll be more than friends. We don't want to force it, but Jasper and I are sick of their fights.

We were talking about random stuff, like games, school, and food. I wasn't paying attention until I saw Parker walking towards me.

He then stopped, he scratched the back of his head. "Hi, James." I couldn't believe he was talking to me.

I nodded, not knowing how to respond.

"Look I just want to- uh apologize. I've been a d*ck to you and probably the worst best friend ever." Jasper looked shocked. "I guess I thought my reputation meant more than our friendship. Not that you're a bad influence or a nerd. But I was kinda jealous." I frowned.

He coughed, "This is way harder than I thought. But sorry James." He held out his hand and I shook it. "I hope that we can be friends again." I nodded.

"Yeah." He smiled, before turning around and walking.

"Oh and by the way, I'll help you find Bailey." He said over his shoulder.

Jasper gaped, "You. Friends. With him?" I nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. I guess-" Somebody slammed me into the locker.

"L-look J-Jamie is s-scared." One guy teased me.

"We all know that you're the reason she ran off, is it true?" Another one said.

"That you ran off with her and then spent the night with her in bed. I didn't know she is so-" The one said holding me against the locker.

I slammed my fist straight into his face, man did it hurt. But I was satisfied when I heard the crunch of his bones.

I've never felt this good just by breaking a nose.

***

Chapter dedication >> dashingglam
I want to dedicate this chapter to my friend because I feel like I've been mean to her this past couple of days and I don't know how to make it up to her. I guess it's because everyone and everything irritates me these days and I need to get it off my chest somehow. My grades feel like they're dropping, I feel like crying all the time, I'm lost to say the truth. It isn't your fault. So sorry. :)

A song that has absolutely nothing to do with this chapter>> Just Like You by Louis Tomlinson