things that irk me; NEXT GEN

next gen here i come

you know the drill, let me tell you what annoys the fuck out of me in new/next gen headcannons/fanfiction.

when they completely ignore cannon characters who didn't have children.
this sounds complicated but it really isn't.

so, we know the basics about the next gen. we know about a couple of our lovely old characters and their children but we still DONT know about a ton of them.

for example; neville and hannah. i strongly believe that the two were literally life goals and had at least one little baby running around after they married. just because Rowling didn't specifically mention the two having children, it doesn't mean that they didn't.

which doesn't mean that you can just ignore those amazing characters, just because they don't have kids. like do you seriously think that harry would stop meeting up with his friends just because he had kids and they didn't?

maybe in a world where she actually publishes a Harry Potter sequel with the golden era character's children, we will be introduced to more kids.

but for now, feel free to use your own imagination to either make up your own next gen kids or at least involve the other characters in some way. pretty please.

when they follow the cursed child plot
this is pretty self explanatory.

personally, i don't accept the Cursed Child book to be cannon. in my head, i think about it as a fanfiction.

THEREFORE, i'm pretty sure that i have every right to think that writing a story where everything from the Cursed Child is happening, is like writing a fanfiction about a fanfiction?

if you're still confused; imagine me writing a marauder fanfiction that includes everything from 1970s (by viiv-xvii ), but includes an OC i made that joins Seph (the main OC) on all of her adventures.

it's just slightly weird.

when scorbus isn't cannon
OKAY BUT HEAR ME OUT

as much as i really don't ship drarry much, i think of scorbus as like a second chance for drarry to happen.

in MY opinion, scorpius being this adorable, dorky slytherin and albus, also in slytherin, being very out spoken yet still adorably 'different' match what harry and draco's personalities would be like if they grew up in normal environments.

also there are 293&2929200 headcannons about this and you just can't convince me to not ship it, scorose isn't even a close second ship in my head and im not even sorry.

when the parents suddenly have different personalities
this is also one of the many reasons i don't like Cursed Child.

harry, just as much as every other parent, wouldn't suddenly become a dick if his child got into a different house than the one he were in.

it's silly to even think about; harry james potter, who grew up in an abusive household because he was different, hating his son because he turned out different.