why are the weasleys so underapreciated¿?

let's address this issue.

by 'underappreciated' i don't exactly mean that they're like 'forgotten about' or things like that. Fred and George have a good shit ton of fanfics and Ron has a couple here and there too. (yeah the rest of them severely lack fanfics and that's fucked up but who am i to judge)

what i DO mean is that they're commonly presented either wrongly or not at all.

which is why i wanted to write like a mini rant for each Weasley child, including things like why they're great and why the movies (and fanfics) fucked up a lot.

oldest > youngest, let's go.

WILLIAM ARTHUR WEASLEY

I've read a lot of fanfiction where Bill is kind of 'in the shadow' and is this super shy adult who just gets manipulated by the oh-so-evil Fleur.

which is obviously fucking wrong.

since the two were madly in love. he say fleur as a woman who he loved, not an object, and she saw him as a man who she loved, not a poor redhead.

let me just:

" 'You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps, you hoped?' said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. 'What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for the both of us, I theenk! All these scars show zat my husband is brave!' "

this turned more into a fleur rant but, BILL WAS A BRAVE, BADASS MAN WHO FAUGHT AS MUCH AS HE COULD AND LEFT HIS FUCKING JOB IN EGYPT TO HELP THE ORDER IDK ABOUT YOU BUT I THINK THAT'S A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO NOT HAVE HIM BE A HELPLESS LOVERBOY IN YOUR FANFICS !!

*ahem*

moving on.

[this one doesn't have a gif, guess why]

CHARLES WEASLEY

boii we don't even know his middle name

i really don't have to say much about the whole concept of 'movie charlie'

because, you know,

HE DOESN'T EXIST

deeeeeepppppp breaths

yeah so, what the fuck is up with that?

come on guys, CHARLIE WEASLEY.

Charlie 'amazing, asexual, quidditch capitan, could play professional but fuck it cuz dragons, bill's best man, recruiting foreign wizards for The Order' Weasley