'ho ho ho' tag

wormy did this tag so I was like "cool cool I'll do it too bc Christmas" and here I am. I'm such a cringy human lately I'm sorry I blame it on school stress.

LETS GO!!?

*1* as a kid, what was a Christmas gift you really wanted?
A puppy. Never got one though, I gave up and stared raising money so I could buy a dog when I was 13. Now I love my doggo and life if gr9.

Also like whatever the 'cool' and 'trendy' toys were that year. Like I remember those scooters with like two bars to put your feet on were the shit when I was like 10.

THIS BARBIE HOUSE WAS THE SHIT IT MADE NOISE WHEN U TURNED ON THE WASHING MACHINE I NEVER GOT IT THO RIP MY CHILDHOOD DREAMS

*2* favourite holiday drink?
? wdym tho. I like the billionaire's hot chocolate (or any type of hot chocolate) from Costa but its v sweet and I never finish it. And in Poland we have barszcz but that's more of a soup so idk if it counts.

*3* candy canes or gingerbread?
Again, I never manage to finish candy canes because they're just toO SWEET. But I don't like gingerbread when it goes hard, idk.

*4* do you have a favourite holiday tradition? how did it start?
All my cousins used to get together for Christmas and we'd like open presents and they'd be like 20 of us in this giant ass house running around looking for riddles our grandma made it was great. Now I hardly speak to them though so no traditions here.

*5* what do you want for Christmas?
to not go back to school after the two weeks we get off.

*6* favourite holiday sweet?
pierniki, idk if they're a thing in England. They look like this and have this fruity kind of filling and they're so soFt oh myyy.

Okay so these translate to "gingerbread" on google but they literally taste nothing like gingerbread biscuits so I'm suing

Okay now this won't be a sweet but a food in general, in Poland we have a special breakfast on Easter and I like that. Irrelevant but who doesn't love being forced to wake up at like 6am, getting super dressed up and not being allowed to eat until your mother decides that everything is done and A-Okay.

*7* most embarrassing holiday memory?
The first year my parents divorced was super awks bc they refused to communicate and arrange a meeting time or anything so I just had a whole Christmas with my mum and them my dad came at like 9pm and I had Christmas all over again and I didn't want to be rude and not eat (even though I was v v full) so I ended up throwing up and he had to take me home.

*8* favourite holiday memory?
My like "best friend" since I was born lives in Germany, and I live in England. There was a time where we didn't see eachother irl for three years bc we both just moved away from Poland so one Christmas we drove to Germany, met up with her and then tried to get to Poland but roads and planes were so busy it took us twice as long as it should've but it was v fun so we didn't care.

*9* what does your family eat on Christmas?
ughhhhh

*9* what does your family eat on Christmas?ughhhhh

Basically that

Basically that. Google 'Polish Christmas dinner' if you wanna fully know what something is. Or comment and I'll tell youuu.

Also we open presents after eating Christmas dinner on the 24th, how fun!

*10* favourite holiday movie?
Gremlins. And 'the lion, the witch and the wardrobe'.  Do those count as holiday movies? And 'the nightmare before christmas'. Yeah mostly those, there's more that I'm surely forgetting though.

*11* favourite holiday and why?
Wow I don't think I know. Probably Halloween because I get reallllllyyyyy into it and need to make sure that everyone is having the best mother fucking time. I'm a mum okay bye.

Literally this year Halloween was on a school day so I brought sweets into school, complimented everyone's imaginary costumes (we wear uniform aHa) and gave our sweets.

*12* if you could do anything (money, time, ect. weren't a factor) what would you do?
I'll do what she did;

holiday: I'd gather round all my Harry Potter loving friends (i have like two of those oops) from wherever they are in the world and just like rent out Harry Potter world for Christmas or Halloween.

general: I'd go to every concert I physically can and want to go to.

*13* why?
holiday: idk man it'd be fun okay

general: i want to see these amazing, music-making, humans i love and support them

YOU'RE ALL TAGGED BECAUSE IM LAZY.
Also, Happy early-Christmas (even though I'll for sure update something before Christmas)