how i got into harry potter

i don't think this is a proper tag, and i want to hear more stories sooooo im making it a tag thing.

if you're reading, you're tagged. but special tags go to -deadrxses viiv-xvii alozloz acciolightwood- bc i want to read those a lot.

so now, enjoy my "how i got into Harry Potter" story, it's a funny story actually. (it's really not)

~magic magic magic~

[1]GENERAL EXPLANATION

so when i was like 5/6/7 (i don't remember specifically help) my school library rebuilt and had all of our old, scruffy books replaced.

except, i've always been bad with timelines and forgot to bring in one book that i took out, which happened to be 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' (in polish ofc)

i never actually read the book. i only took it out because i liked the nice train drawing on the cover and wanted to read it, but the librarian laughed at me saying that it had too many words that i can't read and wouldn't understand.

i mean she was probably right, but i didn't like the fact that she laughed at me so i took the book out anyway *shrug*

when i brought it back to the new library, it just so happened that we got a new librarian as well, much younger and less annoying than the previous one. and when i showed her the book she told me to keep it and asked me if i liked it.

now this girl must've definitely liked HP because i still remember how bloody creepy the smile on her face was.

so i was like "hahaha funny story im 2, this is boring and severely lacking trains so i didn't get past the first chapter"

honestly, i've never seen someone's smile drop so fast as it did on this woman.

anyways, so she starts explaining to me how good it is blah blah blah and then i leave to go home.

in the next like week or so, a poster was put up on the notice board saying that there will be an after school 'reading club' for kids who'd rather do that than go to a playgroup while their parents are working.

and since this was free, and was an easy way to get rid of me for an extra two-three hours, my mother signed me up.

i later found out that this 'club' was ran by the new librarian and the first books we'd be reading were the Harry Potter books.