4

Amelia

So far, after living with the Fuentes family for two weeks, I have learned a couple things about them. For one, Santiago sleeps basically all day on weekends, the reason being that he can't sleep at night. He also smokes. A lot. Yasmin drinks a lot, too, but has never smoked a cigarette in her life. Val has had four girls over in these past two weeks, and on those nights Santiago sleeps in Yasmin's room. Ray is hard for me to understand. We have spoken a couple of times but he is very closed off, and... lonely? I think that's what he is. I played games with Marco on his ps4 and actually saw him laugh and smile.

Carlos seems to be the only one not in pain, or maybe he is and he's just really good at hiding it. He doesn't smoke or drink; he's just happy with his girlfriend. I met their other brother, Enrico who lives with his girlfriend. He brought Val home two nights last week when he was completely out his head on drugs.

'We all have our ways of dealing with things', Max told me when Val was stumbling in the door. It's sad. It's sad how happy he always is but inside he's so sad. I want to talk to him. I want to talk to them all but I never know what to say and they never want to talk. I wish I knew exactly why their Dad is in prison; maybe I'd understand it more that way.

And Alex... Well, Alex and I haven't spoken since the argument we had in the kitchen. But it doesn't stop me from noticing that he sneaks out in the middle of the night sometimes, and the next day his fits will have cuts on them.

I really worry for the Fuentes family.

"Have fun you guys," Mom says to us. Dad kisses my forehead and them and Isabella say goodbye before walking to the front door and leaving.

Val jumps up from the couch, standing in front of Yamin, Max, Santiago, Carlos and I. "Okay, parents gone for the night – Enrico is getting us the beautiful substance called alcohol, and I invited people over."

Yasmin cheers and starts kicking her legs with excitement. Max groans.

"Not again," Carlos mumbles.

"Oh yes, again!" Val jumps onto the coffee table. "'Tiago, you can take Diego's room because he's partying with his lame college friends."

Santiago rolls his eyes in response."Great." He gets up walks out the front door, probably going to smoke.

"C'mon, Amelia," Yasmin takes my hand and pulls me to the stairs.

"Where are we going?"

"To make ourselves look sexy, duh."

Oh, goodie.

Yasmin looks through my dresser for an outfit up to her standards of sexy, which would be hard to find because her style is hot. Eventually she takes out a white cropped sweater with lace going down the middle, which shows my cleavage, along with white shorts.

"Love it," she smirks and looks a lot like Santiago in doing so.

"Why do you want me to wear something like this anyway?" I question, my suspicious nature taking over.

"I'm just looking out for you," she smiles and I can tell that's just an excuse. I pull my t-shirt over my head but before I can replace it with the sweater, Yasmin throws my white lace bra at me. "While you're at it, put this on."