22

Alex

"Amelia is stunning."

I sigh.

"Can you even get a more perfect nose?"

I sigh.

"And her eyes... And her lips are amazing."

"Okay, Montana. I get it. You can stop now."

Montana puts her phone down after looking through Amelia's facebook profile for the last ten minutes. "Just saying, it's no wonder girls are so jealous of her. She's perfect and she has you."

"Had me."

Montana tilts her head. "Mmm, no, I think she still has you."

"You're as annoying as Val."

"Thanks. I get that a lot."

I look over at Val in the corner of the room making out with two girls at once, and another girl behind him with her hands at his waist. "My eyes need washed out with bleach."

"So do Valentino's because apparently he's blind."

I look at her and she looks down at her nails. "Huh?"

"He couldn't see somethin' even if it was written on my forehead."

"What can't he see?"

"Forget it."

"You crushing on him or something?"

"I wish it was that." She runs her hand through her hair.

There is a long silence after that, something I never thought i'd get from Montana. My mind travels back to Amelia. I wish she was here. Just so I could watch her and see that she's okay, and maybe watch her having a good time to make myself believe I didn't completely break her heart. But obviously she would never come to one of our parties. Why am I sitting here thinking about Amelia, drinking slowly from a beer when everyone else is completely wasted and having a great time? I need to get a life.

"Got anything?"

"As in?"

"Drugs."

"You're doing drugs again? Amelia has you that fucked up?"

"Do you or not?"

She goes into her jacket pocket and pulls out a little bag with white powder. "Coke. Want it?"

It's just a better and faster version of getting drunk. Why not? I nod and she passes it to me, then I make three lines on the back of my phone, snorting two. It numbs my nose, reminding me of old times. I hold it over to Montana as an offering, but she just looks at it for a moment before shaking her head, so I take the third line.

"Can't believe you're leaving me the only sober one."

"Why aren't you drinking, smoking, sniffing, or pole dancing anyway?" I laugh.

She shrugs. "Not feelin' it."

"Riiight."

"You make me out to be a druggy slut."

"You are though."

She scowls. "Shut up."

"What? I thought you owned that title."

"So i'm supposed to be proud of being called a druggy slut?"

"Fine, sorry," I say because I can't be fucked arguing anymore even though I have a lot more to say.